Problem with XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR

Find Jerry

I have the 16-55 2.8 that I purchased along with my X-T4 in July 2020. It's the only lens I have for this camera, so I've never taken it off until today. This lens and body have seen very little use, maybe 10 video projects and 3 sunset shoots. The past couple of weeks I have had a bunch of Zoom meetings, so I set it up behind my computer on a tripod to get a better image for my meetings. Today when I turned on the camera I heard 3 chirps and a warning message appeared saying: "Turn off camera and back on again". 
I've done everything I can think of today to get the body and lens to work together. If I take the lens off, everything works as expected. As soon as the lens snaps into the locked position, I get the error message again. I updated the firmware on the body, reset it back to factory settings, turned off IBIS, tried in photo and video modes, at each f-stop, each shutter speed, no change. 

Has anyone else experienced issues like this? 

• 1 month later...