X-T3 COMMAND DIAL SETTING ISSUES

Tanouche

Hi there, I would like to use the front command dial 1 (by the way I don’t know how to select dial 1 or 2 anyway) for aperture, I did set it up but it is not responding, I have my aperture ring on A using a 27mm2.8.And I set up the rear command dial on exposure compensation but it is not responding as well.It’s frustrating, thanks for your help.

Tanouche

Edited by Tanouche

For Exposure Compensation make sure you have the EC dial on top of the camera set to C

For Aperture make sure you have Aperture Ring Setting in the Button/Dial Setup menu set to Command

Press the front dial to change between the different functions on that dial 

Long press the front dial to see (and change) the dial settings

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• One point to note. If you have a camera with IBIS and you don't set the lens length through the menus it can play havoc with image stabilisation and make it difficult to hold the subject steady. Especially noticeable if the camera is told it's a telephoto but you actually have a wide fitted.  You can use A mode too. Set the aperture on the lens and the camera will compensate with the shutter speed /iso.
    • I'm using the following lenses on my Fujis with adapters: Rollei 50mm HFT f/1.8 (Zeiss made under license), Rolleinar 135mm f/2.8 and Rolleinar 200mm f/3.5 all used with a QBM to FX adapter.  I also use a Sigma 18-70 f/3.5-4.5, Tokina SD 70-200 f/4.5-5.6, Minolta 35-70 f/3.5 (Leica Elmarit Vario in effect) and Minolta 100-309 f/5.6 all with an MD to FX adapter.    As well there's a Tamron SP90 f/2.8 used with a Nikon adapter and 28mm pentacon f/2.8, Horizont 35mm f/2.8, Avenar 135mm f/2.8 and Pentacon 200mm f/4 I can use with an M42-FX adapter.  Finally a Mamiya Sekor 80mm and 110mm f/2.8 lens with a 645-FX adapter.  The Rollei 50mm is gorgeous. Lovely smooth focus and beautiful tones coupled to a lovely smooth bokeh. Other favourites are the Rolleinar 135 and Minolta 35-70 Macro. 
    • Been an intermittent Fuji user for many years starting with an S2 Pro then an S5 before getting a bridge camera for my other half. In between Fuji I've been a big Nikon user with D2X and D3 amongst others. Finally left the Nikon camp and moved to Fuji when I went mirrorless opting for a used X-T4 which needed a friend so bought an X-E2.  Love the X-E2 for its simplicity and near point and shoot pocketable nature coupled to its ability to accept any of the X-T4 lenses.    In terms of lenses I use an 18-55 and 18-135 Fuji, a TTArtisans 27mm (AF), 35mm f/1.4 (MF), 7.5mm f/2 fisheye (MF) and a Samyang 12mm f/2 AF. I also use old vintage lenses via adapters. Specifically Pentagon 28mm f/2..8 (M42 thread), Rollei 50mm f/1.8 (Zeiss rebadge), Rolleinar 135mm f/2 8, Rolleinar 200mm f/3.5, Sigma 18-70 f/3.5-4 5 MD fit, Minolta 35-70mm f/3.5, Tokina 70-210 f/4.5-5.6 (MD fit), Minolta 100-300 f/5.6 and a Nikon fit Tamron SP90 macro lens.  I still shoot film using my Minolta SRT100X and Rollei SL35 too and have an old Ilford Sportsman currently loaded with a roll of HP5. Also still have Maniya 645 TL Pro with 80 and 110 f/2.8 lenses (and 645 to FX adapter for them). Been into photography since the mid 70s when I was introduced to it at school and it stuck with me on and off ever since. Did a few years of wedding photography but it just turned me away from doing any photography for 10 years or more and all my kit sat in a cupboard until recently after which all the Nikon stuff was sold.   So that's me. Reigniting a passion for photography all over again. 
    • Hello. I have recently bought a black magic video assist monitor and experimenting with f-log. The problem im having is that I no longer have SD (jpeg) + HDMI F-log as I want to record in jpeg on the card and f-log from my monitor. If anyone knows why its disappeared I would like to know how to put it back on the menu. Thank you I Have  SD + HDMI SD F-log + HDMI F-log SD F-log2 + HDMI F-log2  SD HLG + HDMI HLG