Fuji X-E2s rumors

Patrick FR

So the suspicions that I had are going to be true.

The improvements will be simply a firmware  for the X-E2S to match (or actually, more likely, have slightly less) than the X-T10 ALREADY has?

This is a paid upgrade!

How about the, at long last and only reluctantly released and after such a long time, promised upgrade of the older X-E2 (non S).

Would Fuji give the forgotten and vituperated X-E2 owners as much as the X-E2S has or not? Will they leave them marooned?

Probably.

Amazing!

If this is the case are foresee riots among the X-E2 owners.

Will the X-E2S cost more than the X-T10 ( which has in its software, for example, 52 preset modes which not even the X-T1 has) ? If that’s the case, does Fuji expect people to pay more in order to have the X-E2S look?

Amazing!

:rolleyes:

Patrick, you know what people in Italy will say? : “ ...E che Kaizen!!”  :P

To all X-E2 owners after waiting such a long time, here you are, 

Happy new 2016!

What does this mean for the E2 users? Will there still be an update?

It means that net year we will be older, wiser & sadder!

Once again disappointed by people whom we trusted too much.

I'm one that just this past fall sold off one  of  my X-T1's  in favor  of purchasing a NEW X-E2 in anticipation of the release of  FW4.0.

I've no problem with the release of X-E2S so long as an XT-1/10 level AF firmware  eventually comes. I've read nothing to  date that  implies the  expected firmware not to be  released .

In fact, the mild  revision that X-E2S  appears to represent gives me  greater hope that the X-E line  will continue as  I personally work faster and  enjoy my X-E's (X-E1 and X-E2) handling better than  the T-1.

btw, has anyone else noticed that the top plate is changed?(note the more pronounced curvature of the "character line" near the "X-E2S"inscription).From the camera angle of the photo, it doesn't "appear" that there are any additional buttons or controls on top but it may very well be that the backside of the top plate has been revised- Perhaps for a return of the dedicated "View Mode" button missed by so many. It also appears to my eye that this new top plate is a few mm taller than on XE1/XE2, perhaps to allow some other, hardware related changes.

only reason I can think of touching the existing industrial design of the X-E2 without adding new HW features is to do a cost reduction.

retooling a top plate die,(particularly changes involving overall physical dimensions rather than just inscriptions, etc) that have already been amortized makes little sense if only for cost savings. Pure speculation but I'm inclined to think that there may be an moderate increase in the size of the viewfinder mechanism and/or a larger heatsink for the processor as well as a revised rear upper button layout.

One can speculate that a revamped version is like the "II" versions of the XC zooms which were mostly created because some parts of the "I" series weren't available anymore (which would create a service problem in the future). Same same, but different. Just like no reasonable user of the "I" series XC zooms would "upgrade" to the "II" series outside of a cheap "kit deal", nobody expects existing X-E2 users to upgrade to what the rumor mill has been describing as the "X-E2S".

It may be a different story for new customers, but I reckon that at least the smart shoppers would rather try to get a discounted X-E2 with current v4 firmware than a more expensive "X-E2S". Then again, not every customer is smart, and some always want the latest version, even if it costs more. It could well be that the rumored "X-E2S" is simply a means to keep the X-E line readily available for at least another year. Not many people are buying this form factor (as opposed to the much larger X-T1 and X-T10 crowd), so it's a niche within a niche, but I faintly remember Fuji making a promise to keep the X-E line alive for those who are into it, so maybe this is just their way of keeping this promise w/o investing much money and resources.

The stock of older X-E2 is being replenished in the shops as we speak ( while they were out of stock for some time) at the lowered price ( for now) of €599 ( which it had been €699 throughout the first run of the X-T10) the funny thing is that they started discounting also the X-T10 ( now €675) which makes me think that Fuji is at least for a short while, offering all manners of discounted cameras.

In a few days they will have:

X-E1 ( now offered at various slashed down prices)

X-E2 (for now at €599)

X-Pro-1 ( for now body at €599 and in a kit with 18mm and 27mm at €899).

Meanwhile, following the release of the rumors about the X-E2S going to take the place of the now “ older" model, the first wave of secondhand X-E2’s offered for sale has started hitting the market ( until a week ago there was only one or two on the main classified ad of the country).

Prices vary but a secondhand X-E2 might establish itself around €275-300

I expect prices to tumble down even more if the long awaited firmware update will be less than fulfilling the expectations of the X-E2 owners.

the fiscal year in the NL ends 31 December. Different countries, different rules. This is not the reason of the discounts in the NL.

Fuji has a weird policy of price uniformity though. As by magic in the whole of the country the prices change within a week to the same level everywhere. They say this happens by chance but it really looks like there are agreements on price (If that would be the case it would not be kosher ).

the fiscal year in the NL ends 31 December. Different countries, different rules. This is not the reason of the discounts in the NL.

The fiscal year for the Fujifilm Corporation ends on 31MAR. This is the reason for discounts around the globe. So it's always smart to wait till after christmas, if that's possible.

Let's say there is indeed no difference after the last firmware between de X-E2 and the X-E2S.... I would expect Fuji will not update the X-E2 anymore, but will do this for the X-E2S..  Maybe in the same pace as the X-T10?

Probably the X-E2S will be made in Thailand too just like the X-T10 (instead of Japan)