Red House

Black Pearl

One of the reason I switched to the Fuji X-T1 was the reputation of their home grown X-Trans sensor - which from initial testing seems to be well founded. It was this one thing that had put me off my Nikon D300s, I loved the camera don't get me wrong but I couldn't live with the output any longer.

Below is a jpeg from the camera and a raw file I processed in ACR. The head room is huge with lots of recoverable highlight detail while lifting the shadows does very little to damage the file - preaching to the converted I realise but I have to say I'm hugely impressed.

This was taken with the Samyang 12mm f2 which I've applied a little correction to as the verticals were converging dramatically - my fault for pointing a super-wide upwards. Haven't corrected for actual distortions though as it seems good and straight right from the off. Plenty of detail too which baring in mind what is being asked of a £250 lens is remarkable.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

23446703376_eab4928aa1_o.jpg

• 4 months later...