My Fuji Camera turn green into grey

Hendra

I just bought new background (made of cotton) for my home studio.When I try shoot using available light, the color is correct.

But the problem is when i shoot using Flash, the color of my background completly wrong. My Background suppose to be green/teal, but my camera capture it Grey.

I use Fuji X-E4 and X-T20 same problem with both of them. I shot using another brand camera (N***N) it capture correct color.

It's clearly not White Balance problem i've tried any WB setting.

Anyone know what happen with My Camera?

Any suggestion?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Hendra

• Hendra changed the title to My Fuji Camera turn green into grey

Actually, it is a white balance issue, but probably one that you may not wish to hear at first.

Most Fujifilm camera adjust the white balance for flash only in Auto mode or Underwater mode: (for example)

https://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-a5/taking_photo/white_balance/index.html

generally, if the ambient color temperature is different enough from the default flash color temperature (5600 k) you get things like what you are seeing, the flash color messing with the ambient color.

That N***N uses a default of 5400 k according to https://onlinemanual.nikonimglib.com/z5/en/05_basic_settings_02.html

which may be closer to the ambient light color you have.

1.) If your flash unit lets you adjust the color temperature, try some test shots and get it as close as you can to the ambient temperature (a color temp meter helps). Color gels on the flash can also do that, but there are whole books out there on how to do that type of lighting, I am not going to do more than mention these because it would be a disservice to the ones who can explain that far better.

2.) Try setting a custom white balance using the K temperature setting in the White Balance menu setting to get close to the ambient color temperature, this will need a few test shots.

3.) This is the easiest (well may be the easiest if you are not shooting jpegs in an event type setting where you need fast jpegs on site to sell to folks): Take a grey card along with you, get a couple of test shots, then shoot raw files and color correct them back at the shop.

Edited by jerryy

hi jerryy thank you for your reply. May be you're right. This is all about WB. I shot raw and correct WB on LR. Shift color to green.  color of the fabric looks correct. but green cast everywhere. need to correct with masking.

I hope fuji solve this issue .