Where is the 35mm f2.0 WR Lens ?

14KVN

Why does Fuji change from f1.4 to f2?

It’s not so much a change but another option. Leica photographers, for example, are accustomed to having a choice between 1:1.4 (Summilux) and 1:2.0 (Summicron) lenses.

According to the Road map the 35mm f2.0 WR was supposed to be listed  after the 16mm  but before the 90mm. The (0mm is being announced next monday so what about the new 35mm ????

I think you're looking at the roadmap where 'time' is TOP to BOTTOM.

pic_02.jpg

... and may be confusing it with the one where 'time' is LEFT to RIGHT:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Anyone have a guess on the price for this lens? Trying to set aside the money now! I'm hoping it's not priced higher than the 35mm 1.4 since it's slower and smaller (fewer elements) which would put it around $499 US. Although I could see them marketing it as a more premium product since it's the RF style and has WR, but still hoping for not more than $499. 

Anyone have a guess on the price for this lens? Trying to set aside the money now! I'm hoping it's not priced higher than the 35mm 1.4 since it's slower and smaller (fewer elements) which would put it around $499 US. Although I could see them marketing it as a more premium product since it's the RF style and has WR, but still hoping for not more than $499. 

That would be crazy, of course it's cheaper. :)

Though indeed probably not by a lot.

Since the 35mm f/1.4 started at 600$ iirc, I'd say 499$ for the f/2 sounds about right, it can't be 349$ with weather sealing an the "it's all new" factor :)

Yea and the 27mm 2.8 technically is priced at $449 even though its often had for $299-399.