LCD display becoming darker and slower XT-30

Macaron512

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking to buy my first camera and for that I am checking the second hand market.

I have spotted a 2019 XT30 with the 18-55 mm and the 55-200mm for a good price. The point is, it seems to have a problem with the camera and I want to have your opinion before going ahead.

I saw the camera yesterday and when I was trying it there was something odd with the display. Time to time the display became darker and very slow to follow my movements and was back to normal by pressing  any buttons.

I am not used to camera and I don't know if it was normal but for me it was quite strange to see the display trully following my movements and for any reasons becoming darker and having some latency.

Is there among you someone who see what I am trying to describe and if they know if it is normal or not at all.

Thanks you all for your help.

15 hours ago, Macaron512 said:

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking to buy my first camera and for that I am checking the second hand market.

I have spotted a 2019 XT30 with the 18-55 mm and the 55-200mm for a good price. The point is, it seems to have a problem with the camera and I want to have your opinion before going ahead.

I saw the camera yesterday and when I was trying it there was something odd with the display. Time to time the display became darker and very slow to follow my movements and was back to normal by pressing  any buttons.

I am not used to camera and I don't know if it was normal but for me it was quite strange to see the display trully following my movements and for any reasons becoming darker and having some latency.

Is there among you someone who see what I am trying to describe and if they know if it is normal or not at all.

Thanks you all for your help.

this is a bad "feature" You have to  turn on boost mode if you don't want this behavior.

• 2 weeks later...