Best Lens for Interior/Exterior Architecture

pao72

Hello,

I am new to the Fuji brand and have recently bought a Fuji X-H1 along with two lenses those being the Fuji 16-80mm and 55-200mm.

Those lenses are giving me good results so far and I am happy with the image quality.

I am looking to get a lens for interior / exterior architecture images where the 16mm end of my current lens doesn't quite get everything in the frame. So my question is which Fuji branded or non-Fuji branded wide angle lens would be best from your experience?

The following lenses are available used at reasonable prices:

• Fuji 10-24mm f4 XF R OIS
  • Fuji 14mm prime f2.8 XF
  • Samyang `12mm NCS CS MF 
  • Zeiss 12mm f2.8 Touit  

Best Regards,

Paul

for architecture you wouldn't need autofocus and considering the price, the samyang 12mm would be my first choice (i actually have it and it was one of the first lenses i got for the fuji). distortion is pretty well corrected and sharpness is really good. 

you could check what Laowa offer too...they have wider lenses and some really wide rectilinear ones, although i haven't seen them on the used market as much...

I've had the opportunity to shoot several resorts in Puerto Rico and Costa Rica.  One was a new resort, and the second/third was for a realtor where the owner wished to sell the resort.  I shot them with my XT2, and XH1 and the Zeiss 12mm 2.8, and the Fuji 16mm 1.4

In some instances I actually preferred to use the 16 1.4, in a vertical format, and I would stitch multiple images together.  That was just my preference.  I've never owned the 10-24 F4 as at the time it was not weather sealed and it would not have survived my shooting locations.  I shoot between the tropics, to the Arctic and I've heard too many horror stories of the 10-24 failing -- and here I'm talking about the 1st generation which is all that was available at the time of my shoots.  

If I were shooting the same images today I would definitely get myself the 10-24mm F4 as Fuji improved the survivability of this lens.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...