Possible shutter button issue X100T

I bought an X100T about 11 months ago and love the camera. I brought it with me on vacation this week and was showing it to my uncle and noticed the half-press of the shutter button was no longer working. No focus confirmation beep or green box. I've switched the the AF mode between AF-S, AF-C, and AF-M a few times. When on AF-M, the back focus continued to work so I don't think the issue is with the AF itself. I switched back to AF-S and it seems to focus prior to taking the photo with full shutter press, but not with the half press. I looked through the menus, but didn't see anything that would cause this. I did a complete reset of the camera and even updated the firmware. It now seems to work sporadically. Is this a malfunction of the shutter button? Has anyone else had this experience? I thought I'd check here prior to sending the camera in for repair. 

• 1 year later...

Hello Guys ! 

I have an x100T too and have the same issue as you. Bought mine 3 years ago.

The half-press of the shutter isn't working anymore, did you found any explaination or how to fixe it ? 

Cheers from France.

W.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Guys ! 

I have an x100T too and have the same issue as you. Bought mine 3 years ago.

The half-press of the shutter isn't working anymore, did you found any explaination or how to fixe it ? 

Cheers from France.

W.

Hi Binary, Sorry for the late reply. I had to send the camera in to Fujifilm for repair twice. The first time they could not replicate the problem so they cleaned the camera and sent it back. It worked for a few minutes and the issue occurred again so I took video of it and called support who asked me to also send them the video along with the camera. I believe it was the top plate they replaced, but don't recall. The camera has since worked fine.