Would you buy an X-Pro2 without OVF ?

That's crazy, I know. :D  But imagine Fuji release the X-Pro2 with an EVF only, no OVF. Would you buy it ?

If so, what would in your opinion make the EVF-only X-Pro2 a "pro" camera, in particular compared to an X-T2 or an X-E3 ?

Else, would you buy an X-Pro2 with the same viewfinder as the X-Pro1 or do you think an improved OVF is compulsory ? How should it be improved ?

As we know, the current X-Pro1 viewfinder has some limitations (which can be part of its appeal). For example it doesn't cover the whole range of Fuji lenses. It is obstructed by many recently released bigger lenses. It has no continuous zoom mechanism. It doesn't have the highest magnification.

So let's consider these possible solutions : either Fuji completely drops the OVF, or they keep it as it is, or they improve it. How would you feel if they chose each of these options ? ;)

A reminder of the latest rumors : http://www.fujirumors.com/x-pro2-magnum-photos-confirms-15-janaury-announcement-1250-flash-sync-speed-more-specs-leaking-as/

I always thought that the mirrorless concept was especially suited to produce cameras without the “ hump” which makes them look like they have a pentaprism and a mirror box since thy don’t have any such thing.

I don’t even know if it is necessary for the X-T1 and the X-T10 to have the hump and certainly it does them no favors in terms of looks.

So, yes, If I could have a mirrorless body with everything inside that the X-T1  or T10 has I would.

Mind you, this might very well have ben the X-E2 if and when they would update the software and bring it at par with X-T1 and 10.

But I suppose that the X-E3, if and when there will be one, would be indeed the OVF-less version of the X pro 2.

The question is when will Fuji release such a camera?

We’ve seen that timing of such releases has proven particularly tricky.

So Not so long after the X-E2 was released the X-T10 hits the market with better characteristics and being way cheaper than the introduction price of the X-E2 and to this day the X-E2 is sold at the same body price of the X-T10.

Also the release of any software update that would have brought the X-E2 and the X-T10 in direct competition was halted in order to give an advantage to the new model.

But this has made some dissatisfied customers among the people who had bought the X-E2 who, and probably not without any reason, felt slightly left out from the distribution of freebies which almost anyone else got.

So, if and when the X-E3 will be an the market it will be a X pro 2 light version but will come out quite a long time after, I guess.

I don’t even know if it is necessary for the X-T1 and the X-T10 to have the hump and certainly it does them no favors in terms of looks.

I'd say that's a matter of taste. I like the X-T1 a hell of a lot better in terms of looks than either the X-Pro or X-E series or even the X-T10. 

And you need some space for a large EVF. Would probably work fine in the X-Pro size, don't know about the X-E. 

I would buy an X-Pro2 without OVF. But it should be for the X-E3 what the X-T1 is for the X-T10 : something like an enhanced X-E3, with for example more physical dials, a larger EVF (the Panasonic GX8 shows that the hump is not necessary to achieve high magnification), a sturdier build with weatherproofing, a better designed hand-holding... While I understand the advantages of the OVF, removing it would lower the cost and allow making the camera smaller.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...