I’ve always used a strap lightly wrapped around my wrist but sometimes I feel the X100 cameras are light enough to be secure with a simple finger loop like the ones favored by some Leica users. Does anyone have a recommendation or a diy solution? 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Yes, a couple of thoughts.  While I've never used (or even heard of) a finger loop, it seems that it might limit the use (dexterity) of one's hand.  Seems that a wrist strap would be less restrictive (and perhaps more secure.).  

I've used a wrist strap with just one (very small) film camera decades ago.  These days, I use a neck strap on all of my cameras.  One reason for this is that, using a neck strap, I have full use of both hands.  And perhaps more importantly, I believe that a neck strap is safer.  When walking in a crowd (I do street photography), I'm less likely to bump the camera into a passing pedestrian if the camera is at my chest rather than off to my side.  And yet a third reason for use of a next strap -- in the event of inclement weather, I can tuck the camera under my jacket.

Bill 

• 2 weeks later...