Bag for X-T1 plus 50-140mm Zoom

Hi all,

after a longer decision building process I have made up my mind and orderer the 50-140mm Zoom. I am still a little worried regarding the size of the thing but the the optical quality did convince me. Now I am looking for a camera bag which can take my X-T1 with the 50-140mm zoom attached to the body. I like to have a bag where I can take the camera/lens combination out without to much hassle. The bag should have room for another two smaller lenses. Any recommendations or even experience with this camera/lens combo. Every tip is appreciated.

I have tried several bags including the Think Tank Retrospective 7, Retrospective 5, the Hubba Hubba Hiney and have found my old reliable the Think Tank Change Up to be the best at carrying the most, with the most carry options in a rather compact size.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/categories/shoulder-camera-bags/change-up.aspx

It will hold an X-T1, 50-140mm, 35mm,  56mm, 14mm, 18-55mm, Instax printer, an i40, vertical grip, extra batteries, SD cards, lens cleaning stuff, filters, etc. I find it to be the best carry solution for all the listed items.The Change Up has the most and best carrying options of any other bag; two shoulder straps for double or single use, a waist belt with attachment points for additional Think Tank accessory bags if the need arises, front chest carry, side carry, plenty of pockets inside and outside for small items, a water resistant cover and internal removeable dividers.

I sold the Retrospective 7 and use the Change Up for the X-T1 system. I use the Retrospective 5 or Hubba Hubba Hiney for my X100T.

The Think Tank Change Up is like no other bag I have ever found. It is just too darn versatile. It doesn't have the "elitism" name or price tag some fancy leather messenger or shoulder bags have, but I really like the ability to carry it so many different ways with all the items.

The "double across the back" shoulder strap option takes weight off one shoulder and allows me to use both hands for something else (like changing a lens or loading an SD card or battery, etc.)  without trying to keep a single shoulder strap on my shoulder while doing something. By using the doubled strap option, the bag is in front of me and allows complete access to all my equipment where I can see it, not to mention it also makes getting on and off transportation vehicles easier with the bag in front of me. I'm not hitting other people or objects like it would if the bag were hanging off one shoulder. If I am out for a short time the single shoulder strap option works well. One can also remove both shoulder straps and use the compact carry handle sown onto the top back of the Change Up. I stow the unused shoulder strap(s) in the side pocket(s) and tuck the waist belt into its pocket in the back of the Change Up making for a compact carry handle style bag.

The Fuji 50-140mm stands upright off the X-T1 body in one end of the bag while the three other lenses sit on top of one another with a wrap around them and the X-T1 has either the 35, 56, 18-55 or 14 lens mounted on it when sitting in the bag on the X-T1 on end with the lens facing toward the front of the Change Up.

I'm not looking for another bag.  (Another "Pro" for the Change Up besides carrying so much in so many ways is that I can't cram any more glass into the bag which forces me to quit buying more glass and saving money :o.

The Change Up will not hold an X-T1 with the 50-140 mounted, but it does so much more than any other bag I have owned. (Which have been far too many :blink:)

Thank you all for your advice. I just want to let you know that I ordered a KATA Nimble 5 bag which is both large enough to hold an X-T1 with the 50-140 attached and lightweight enough not to add too much weight to my equipment.

Have a look at ThinkTank Retrospective 7. It's small (and flat) enough to be a dedicated mirrorless bag, yet large enough to accommodate a "big" 70-200/2.8 lens. It will swallow that 50-140 with hood attached without hiccups  ;)

ThinkTank Retrospective 7 inner dimensions height: 22,4 cm

Fujifilm X-T1 depth: 4,7 cm

Fujifilm XF 50-140mm f/2.8 OIS length:  17,6 cm

Total: 22,3 cm

In other words. Perfectly :)

I use the Think Tank 7 for XT1, 50-140 plus an additional lens (either 56 or 10-24) and there is room for extra batteries, remote and cleaning cloths. The bag is not particularly conspicuous as a camera bag. Great for use in city where I prefer a low profile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought the Think Tank Urban Disguise 35 v2.  I wanted something to carry the X-T1 with 16-55 mounted and 50-140, as well as one or two primes.  It works well for that, and also holds all the accessories I need normally (batteries, Nissan i40 flash, remote trigger, spare SD cards, etc.).  It's typical Think Tank quality - excellent.  I own other Think Tank bags, so was already familiar with their product.  This one looks to be another keeper.

• 1 month later...

i see you've already gotten a bag, but just to throw it out there in case it becomes an option for someone else (in case you get tired of deciding on which camera-specific bag to get), i reused a messenger bag i used to like by picking up a Tenba camera insert.

_RFG0004_zps016981f9.jpg

_RFG0005_zps2335294b.jpg

(Sent from another Galaxy)

My every day carry bag is my Timbuk2 Commute 2.0 (med) with an Ape Case insert.  Since I carry my laptop and lots of other essentials to work everyday it works perfectly.  I'm able to carry my X-T1 with 35 attached, my 18-55, and my 55-200 as well as an extra battery and some cleaning cloths.  Since I ride the motorcycle most days this is the best solution I've found for daily carry.

On weekends I carry the Ona Bowery.  Small, but holds my whole camera kit I listed plus a few extras not with me everyday.

• 2 months later...

For some while I have been using my Domke F-803 as by photo go-bag, but then I saw a very good deal on a ThinkTank Urban Disguise 40 V.1, at half the old recommended price, could I resist, not a chance.

Whilst the TT Urban Disguise 40 is only a bit bigger overall and a bit heavier, I do like the layout and the fact that it is constructed in ballistic nylon, with excellent YKK zips, to TT usual quality standard, I have used them before.

I went on a shoot with it today and I did not find it uncomfortable in the slightest. Using my X-T1 c/f 18~135 lens.

Is it the perfect bag, no,  I do not think there is one, depending on what I need to use I have TT, Domke and Billingham and between them I may have the perfect combination.

Cheers

Any preference on shoulder vs rucksack? I larger Billingham and flipside 10AW & 20AWs, all of which can accommodate the 50-140mm and 2 smaller lenses but if you're after carrying other bulkier gear, (eg filters) then the larger 20AW is great. I could easily squeeze the 50-140mm, 35, 14, filter set and another smaller 3 lenses.

I use a timbuk2 messenger bag with their camera insert to hold a 10-24, 35, 56, 50-140,x-T1, x100ss, instax, a bunch of filters and junk, and then strap a tripod to the bottom. it's all a tight squeeze but it does fit! The only issue i have is that i can't fit anything else and the tripod swings back and forth a bit , which gets annoying at times.

• 3 months later...

Two questions about the bags mentioned here:

1) Does the Retrospective 7 or the Urban Disguise 35 hold XT1+ 50-140 attached?  I rather not have to take the lens off each time to fit it in the bag.

2) Do these bags come with separator inserts so that you could stack two smaller lenses in one compartment? 

• 1 year later...

Hi. I have an X-T2 (sometimes with grip) with the 16-55mm f2.8 put, the 50-140mm f 2.8 and a Nissin i40 flash. I would like to know if it fits in a THINK TANK CHANGE UP V2 and if someone can upload photos of that bag with his photographic equipment inside it. Thank you