Bad experience with Fuji service

Dnoam

Camera system is not just about performance , technical spec etc.It is about reliability and service also.

My XT-3 died when it was 28 month old and as so , out of guarantee,  i had to send it for a repair and agree on 385 Euros payment in advance , no matter what the issue was.

To make things worse , Fuji did not manage to build a repair center in the EU and the camera had to travel through custom to the UK ( 3 weeks each direction).

Finally after 9 week got the camera back .After installing my setting backup and playing a bit with the system the camera died again.......

So now it has to be sent again and another 9 weeks till i see the camera back.

That is not the  performance of a camera company who is aspiring to compete  in the semi pro/ pro field.

Edited by Dnoam

• Dnoam changed the title to Bad experience with Fuji service

I’m afraid you have a valid point here. I’ve had Fujifilm cameras since early 2012 and used them for a few years also for my professional work. Both X and - for a short time - also GFX. After a few issues I stopped using them professionally, but I kept my X-Pro2 for incidental personal work. The Fujifilm Professional Service (PFS) is nowhere near ‘professional’, unless (probably) you live in the US or the UK. Very long repair times and no loan cameras or lenses when you need them. In order to become a viable professional solution, imo Fujifilm really needs to step up their FPS program. A camera is much more than specs and good looks. 

Edited by Herco

My experience with Fuji in Edison NJ, USA has been nothing short of EXCEPTIONAL going back to my FinepixS1 Pro and Finepix S2 Pro's which were basically frankencameras - Nikon lens mounts and Fuji parts.  I've dropped the cameras off there to have shutter replaced on a Thursday, and got it back on Monday.  Free.