Fujifilm X-T2 rumors

Patrick FR

"Turbo Boost" reminds me of the old PC's that would have a "Turbo" button on them, lol (showing my age).  I would of preferred "High Performance" instead.

Yeah, i can't really explain why, but this "boost" - label is a HUGE letdown for me. Its something i would not expect to be printed on top of a premium quality camera, but rather onto some cheap toy car.

The things that excites me most about the ISO and SS dial is that the lcok button look like the top part is black and the lower part is grey, suggesting to me that these are not latched. Ie click up dial spins freely, click down dial is locked. If that is the case I will be one happy camper, because the ISO dial annoys the f out of me currently, and is the only thing that makes me remove camera from my eye. If they have implmented this I will have all the controls I need at my fingers without needing to remove camera from eye.

While they are at it, could they move the ISO read out in the EVF to the left hand side of the screen and the SS to the RIght hand side, it hurts my brain to turn the ISO knob on the left and look at the right hand side of the screen.

G

Edited by gordonrussell76

Yes, I do hope those a toggle switches that will let us lock the dials when WE want to.  Although I've never noticed the location of the ISO info being displayed on the right hand side, changing it around is a good suggestion.

Yeah, i can't really explain why, but this "boost" - label is a HUGE letdown for me. Its something i would not expect to be printed on top of a premium quality camera, but rather onto some cheap toy car.

I would of preffered "nitro engage" and a bright blue oversized led button. And a little stick shift on top to change drive modes.

I would of preffered "nitro engage" and a bright blue oversized led button. And a little stick shift on top to change drive modes.

Well, the X-T2 got a joystick, shouldn't be a problem to glue a little 8-ball on there. And painting some fancy racing stripes across the body should doable, too.

three batteries in total would equal about 1150 shots. Close but still not DSLR range

If I'm shooting a job and being battery conscious (EVF + eye sensor and turning the camera off when I don't immediately need it) I can consistently get 600 shots off of a battery with my X-T1. What I usually do is switch out the grip battery as needed and keep the in-body battery as a backup. If the X-T2 has similar battery performance, that should mean an easy 1500-2000 shots.

What I'm most excited about are the joystick on the vertical grip and (what looks to be) an extended horizontal grip that the vertical grip adds.

I just wish they would let us access all three batteries without removing the grip. Or maybe this one does?

Looks like the two batteries in the grip slide in from the side, easily accessible. The one in the camera is fine where it is i think. Probably just in there as a backup most of the time.

Assuming it only starts using that battery when the other two are completely depleted.

Well, the X-T2 got a joystick, shouldn't be a problem to glue a little 8-ball on there. And painting some fancy racing stripes across the body should doable, too.

If you need a racing stripe, your best bet is buying an old Nikon F3 :D :D :D

The fact that it looks as though its the same one on the X-Pro2 when I tried a X-Pro 2 out recently I found the dial on that particular model to move a little too freely for my liking, it was also too big for my preference and I don't like the C functionality I think it over complicates it all. 

However and lets be honest here I am not a huge fan of EV at all, I prefer working in full manual majority of the time. Now that ISO dial is going to be free moving I doubt I will ever touch the EV knob again. But others like it so I am glad its there. I am happy for features I have no use for to be present. I get that others have a use for them. I am also humble enough to realize that many features I don't use now might be because of my own failings in understanding and as I grow as a photographer I may find I do use them. 

So whats the release date going to be eh. I am off to Canada on an amazing 3 weeks trip around Vancouver Island, the smaller islands the rockies and onakagen valley. I fly 8th August, do you think the X-T2 will be available by then. I am was originally thinking very very unlikely, but now we are starting to see images, and given June announcement. On the other hand the earthquake makes me wonder whether it might be further delayed?

The X-T2 also looks like it is bigger, which I see as a negative. Besides, I would not want to do without an optical viewfinder.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I blame this part on that silly 4k video feature that less than 15% of users are going to use but we will have to cope with the size increase >.>

I blame this part on that silly 4k video feature that less than 15% of users are going to use but we will have to cope with the size increase >.>

I think that is a correct assumption indeed.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm not 100% convinced of that with small point and shoot fixed lens cameras and the Panasonic GH4, GX8 all shooting 4K and having a smaller body than the XT2.  They are a bit smaller due to smaller sensor, but compared to their conterparts that don't shoot 4K they are roughly the same size.

It's fair to assume that the XT2 would not be identical to the size of the XT1, but if any larger .... I'm expecting it to be pretty negligible.