Fujifilm X-T2 rumors

Patrick FR

Some more considerations.

Full Article on FujiRumors here: http://www.fujirumors.com/a-closer-look-to-the-new-fujifilm-x-t2-controls-based-on-real-life-leaked-images/

1. the dials on the X-T2 seem to be thicker compared to the X-T1
  2. addition of center-weighted metering
  3. the focus assist button of the X-T1 is gone. I guess Fuji made the rear dial clickable and it will work as focus assist, just like it is on the X-Pro2
  4. no flimsy accessory door (already improved on the X-Pro2)
  5. New tilt screen (probably flex tilt-screen like the Pentax K1)
  6. joystick
  7. The new dual SD-card door has a new opening mechanism.
  8. The last thing I’ve noticed is that the lock button on the ISO dial looks different compared to the one on the X-T1. It actually looks like if there were two buttons. Maybe this mechanism could allow us to block also the “drive dial” under the ISO dial. However, the “double button” could also be just an optical illusion created by a water dro

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I think it's a nipple button, easier to feel blindly.

Edit: on second look though there doesn't seem to be anything there on the image from the back. So probably just a droplet indeed.

And i think the Tilt screen will not be attached to any bulky rods K1-style.

Can't imagine it will even be remotely like the K1 on such a compact body.

But of course side-hinged in addition to tilt is entirely possible. =)

Edited by Maurice

I just made a deal for used Xpro1 which my plan is to use until the XT2 is released (unless I fall in love with the OVF and decide to get the XPRO2).

I guess earliest relastic expected release is Photokina 2016?

Anyway, do you think the XT2 will be be sold as a kit with the 35 f/2 lens? If so I'll just get the 18 f/2 and 60 f/2.4 for now to my XPRO1.

Just seen this on Ebay UK. Very interesting. Ebay item number 231927700646.

Looking at the payment terms, I wouldn't buy it!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The grip is a prototype as well - which I would expect. Note the "Normal/Boost" markings the left side of the rear panel. Wondering what that is going to do... I haven't seen that terminology since the days of motor drives.

The Right side of both the grip and body have a rear corner "Protrusion"* that would appear to be for ergonomics. 

*not sure what else to call it. 

It sucks that somebody lost their camera. Can Fuji get the auction pulled?

That said, I like what I see.

If Fuji can implement a voltage boost with the Grip for faster AF speeds my mind will explode.

I suppose we should expect a "High Performance Mode" for the EVF, so the "boost" switch might be more likely to just involve the EVF and/or burst rate, but if it can overdrive lenses too that would be super amazing.

Edited by 9.V.III

I'm thinking that is an early test model with the extra large knobs on the top and the absence of a video record button.  

Products go through a development cycle where there are changes to design and I'm taking a guess this leaked camera won't be exactly the same as the final production model.

I'm thinking that is an early test model with the extra large knobs on the top and the absence of a video record button.  

Products go through a development cycle where there are changes to design and I'm taking a guess this leaked camera won't be exactly the same as the final production model.

I hope that is the case... those extra large knobs look awful to me. 

I already like everything I see here, especially the vertical grip with its own focus stick!

I agree.  I shoot quite a bit in portrait mode and have the battery grip on my XT-1's almost all the time.  I really hope the focus joystick is on the grip as well.