Fujifilm X-T2 rumors

Patrick FR

I use the xt1 plus 16-55mm for pro work, much prefer the battery grip over the L bracket. And the quality on the zoom is a solid step above the 23, 35 and 56mm primes that I also use.

I use the L grip and carry an extra battery for street work. The 16-55 stays on the XT1 but I miss focus too often. Any improvement on focusing on the XT2 would be cool. IMO the video button is too recessed for easy activation. 24mp would also be a plus, mainly for the gain in cropping capability but also slightly larger print size at 300dpi. Otherwise the XT1 is my favorite body since Nikon's FM2.

Fuji cameras in seem to maintian value, in this case I think it's particularly worthwhile waiting for the latest model since the idea of getting a discount later doesn't seem to be as applicable. Especially when we know Fuji is upgrading sensors for the first time with the X system. I think the maturity of the system makes a big difference too, the latest models are going to have much better handling. Viewfinder blackout for example, it seems like Fuji got that right with the X-Pro2 and past models were somewhat limiting for continuous shooting.

Is X-T2 actually coming out in 2016?

As per Fujifilm Turkey in Ankara there is no such plan. At least they have never had any info from Japan!

I don't always need solid and reliable information about the release of unannounced Japanese cameras, but when I do I consult someone in Turkey.

I don't always need solid and reliable information about the release of unannounced Japanese cameras, but when I do I consult someone in Turkey.

Wow, what a joke!

They can also talk with Fujifilm you know ;)

So stop being funny.

Instagram: tarikolmez

You're kidding, right? lol

The X-T1 is only dropping about $50 per year, maybe the X-E2 is going a little faster but the point stands that this is a young system and each new step is a big deal right now.

Edited by 9.V.III

prices are indeed an indicator but not a precise one.

http://www.kamera-express.nl/product/12193714/fujifilm-x-t1-body-flitser/

the price in the NL of a Fujifilm X-T1 is now exactly the same it was when I bought the camera almost 2 years ago.

I have no doubts that the X-T2 is coming but at the moment, aside for rumors, there isn’t much else to tell me when this will happen.

June? Fine! December? Why not!

But yes it stand to reason to think that, sooner or later, it will be here. I am just not holding my breath.

I really wish I could get excited about an XT-2, but I really don't care that much about video, and the other improvements (in the X-Pro 2 a least) are nice, but nothing that screams buy this now (compared to what I own).

I just hope some of the "Premium" features, faster card support, bigger buffer, X-Trans 3 sensor & Pro processor, make there way into the next mid range models (XT-20/XE-3).

I fully expect the new sensor and processor, unfortunately I suspect some other premium features will be kept on the Premium models only.

No offense meant to Turkey or Turkish people. My point was that I'd be more trusting of something that came from a source closer to Fujifilm's management.

No problem. Maybe i got it wrong, sorry about that ;)

XT2 would be great if released this year

Instagram: tarikolmez

Here's the lineup I'd like to see and I also think it optimizes Fuji's use of sensors and processors:

The rangefinder style:

GX-Pro 1 (Photokina announcement, 2017 availability? $5999? 72MP, 33x44mm medium format sensor. Stills focused (does it even record video?), hybrid viewfinder, weathersealed, Texas Leica ergonomics. Uses its own lens lineup, of course - good luck getting APS-C lenses to cover 33x44 mm.

X-Pro 2 (already here - there's one in my camera bag) - 24 MP, stills focused, hybrid viewfinder, weathersealed, rangefinder ergonomics. It's a real joy to shoot - they've made some major ergonomic improvements over both the X-T1 and X-Pro 1 (come on, Phase One, I'd love to be able to process those raw files in Capture One!).

X-E3 (mid-2017 release, $999) 24 MP, stills focused, EVF, not weathersealed. Probably uses a single core variant of the X-Processor Pro, because it doesn't need the speed.

X-E2s (already here) 16 MP - lingers to give a low-cost introduction to the joys of the X-series.

The DSLR style:

X-T2 (June announcement, available before Photokina, $1799 or even $1999) - 24 MP, very high resolution EVF (perhaps the one from the Leica SL), still/video hybrid, weathersealed. Uses the speed of the X-Processor Pro to deliver superb 4K with Fuji lenses, but also the ideal camera for the longest lenses - if they're really introducing a 200mm f2, this is the body for it!. Chases the D500 and GH4 (but not the GH5, which may well be a 6K movie camera) simultaneously, with high frame rates in stills mode and excellent video. More expensive than the X-T1 to pay for fancy EVF, dual UHS-II slots, etc.. May be slightly larger than X-T1 (no heavier than an A7rII, and probably lighter) to accommodate the best of the X-Pro 2's control improvements, such as the joystick and the large shutter speed and exposure compensation dials.

X-T7 (Photokina announcement, holiday availability, $1199). 24 MP, X-T1 class EVF, 4K video (but not the level of the X-T2), possibly weathersealed. A "cut down" X-T2 with one card slot and without the luxury controls from the X-Pro 2 and X-T2 (the X-Pro 2 shutter dial is the nicest I've ever seen, but a regular one will do here), also missing the fancy video codecs and the Leica SL EVF, but it's lighter and cheaper.

X-T10 hangs around at $699-$799 to provide an entry level option

Inexpensive, very compact

X-A3 (not willing to guess a release date). A modest, 16 MP update to the X-A2 (which isn't X-Trans, X-A3 may not be either). Westerners almost forget the X-A2, but it sells well in Asia, where younger photographers tend to like tiny cameras.

I was very lucky to be able to try the X-Pro2 shortly after the announcement and I was blown away by the image quality and the joystick.

Currently, I'm using an X-T1 and a fair number of manual and classic lenses (most of them on a Metabones Speedbooster Ultra) besides my Fujinon glass.

This and my liking of the tiltable screen, had me rather torn between buying the X-Pro2 right now or waiting for the X-T2.

I have to say that when trying to focus a manual lens or even better a manual macro lens, the higher resolution and magnification the EVF, the better.

If the X-T2 has the same specs as the X-Pro2 but an EVF comparable to the Leica SL, the joystick, dual SD-card slot (because… backups), and a refined body, I'm going to throw my money at Fuji right the second it's announced.

The rangefinder-style is really more my thing but nothing beats the EVF on the X-T1 for me right now, especially for focussing manually.

And to be honest, I don't care about the price.

From what I've read so far, the current internals have a good amount of breathing room in terms of raw power and potential for optimisation via firmware updates.

Add to that Fujifilm's history of caring for their customers and updating their cameras and the fact that 24 MP is a reasonable upper limit for an APS-C-sized sensor, and you can guess that Fujifilm expects this generation of cameras to last their users a long time, hence the higher price point (inevitable future rebates notwithstanding).

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I really really hope the vertical grip from the xt1 fits the 2

I would hope that they will design a new grip to go with the X-T2 and will in someway have it's own joystick on it like grips of other camera companies do for their cameras.

The question I would also wonder about an external grip is if instead of it holding 1 extra battery it would have a tray inside it and it could hold 2 batteries and allow it to increase the fps to something like 12-14. That would really make a lot of folks (including myself) dump my X-T1 and get a pair of X-T2's.

I am waiting for this camera (and the rumored 200mm f/2) because if it starts to rival in performance anything close to a D5 or IDX in both frame rate and focusing speed with acouple other features thrown in...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

It might be very well so that the E ( economy?) and the X-T10 ( are they going to call it something different?)  line will not be updated as much as the T ( no idea! what that stands for... ) and Pro line.

This will account for some market segmentation. But who knows... I don’t!

and everybody who've been in a hurry to buy Pro or T would bite their elbows... :lol:

Honestly, I don't think so.

The X-E series is solidly differentiated from the X-Pro line. If you just see both as "rangefinder style cameras", the added cost of the X-Pro can be easily justified by the OVF (which, as I understand it adds a very considerable cost to the camera), WR and a couple of more "pro" features such as the dual card slot.

An X-E3 with everything new the X-Pro2 has (sensor, processor, etc) could easily cost $500 less than the X-Pro2 and would find its own audience. Are they interchangeable? I guess for many people, yes, but there are also many who would gladly pay the premium for the X-Pro2. 

Same is true for the X-T line, with the X-T2 differentiating from the X-T20 (or whatever it'll be called) the same way.

It makes much sense for Fuji to follow this concept: not only they have two distinct lines for each "format", at different price points, but also can provide an added option for "second/backup camera" to the high-end buyers (although pros will opt for a second identical body).

I was very lucky to be able to try the X-Pro2 shortly after the announcement and I was blown away by the image quality and the joystick.

Currently, I'm using an X-T1 and a fair number of manual and classic lenses (most of them on a Metabones Speedbooster Ultra) besides my Fujinon glass.

This and my liking of the tiltable screen, had me rather torn between buying the X-Pro2 right now or waiting for the X-T2.

I have to say that when trying to focus a manual lens or even better a manual macro lens, the higher resolution and magnification the EVF, the better.

If the X-T2 has the same specs as the X-Pro2 but an EVF comparable to the Leica SL, the joystick, dual SD-card slot (because… backups), and a refined body, I'm going to throw my money at Fuji right the second it's announced.

The rangefinder-style is really more my thing but nothing beats the EVF on the X-T1 for me right now, especially for focussing manually.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

I just purchased the X-Pro2 because I wanted another body (my choice was another X-T1 or the X-Pro2) and I have no idea how long it will be before the X-T2

The joystick is great, the build (doors) is better and the feel of the buttons and layout is really good. I'm impressed with the X-Pro2

EXCEPT - The EVF has poorer color accuracy. There is an overall blue cast which does not match the LCD. In another thread another user confirmed a bluish cast too. Compared to the X-T1, what I see through the X-Pro2 EVF is not as reliable a representation of what the jpg will look like.

One of the things I have been really impressed with on the X-T1 is how consistently what I see through the EVF matches what I see with my eyes. Of course there are differences particularly with certain situations, but I often marvel at the electronic magic as I glance through the X-T1 viewfinder then up with my eyes directly and how often they are impressively similar. I've come to trust it.

I was prepared for the X-Pro2 EVF being smaller, but not poorer performance in this regard. If it weren't for this, I would be very happy I went for the X-Pro2. 

Edited by deva