FUJI X-T3 Trigger/Shutter Issue - Need Help!

bimmeracer

To start, I own 2 XT3’s which I pre-ordered, so I have owned both cameras for three years, and I am very familiar and comfortable with the system.

A few months ago, I started to have issues with the trigger sensitivity with one of my XT3’s. It used to be snappy and responsive, but now it works intermittently. When I half-press the shutter to focus, it will sometimes work, and when it does, it will stop focusing(lose connecting within a second). When I use back button focus, it helps, but the trigger is still inconsistent even when fully pressed, so I stopped using it for photography.
Over the past few months, I've tried using many different settings and cleaning it with compressed air and contact cleaner, but neither resulted in any improvement.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how did you resolve it?
Do I need to replace the top plate assembly?

• 3 weeks later...

Did the X-T3 got wet at anytime? The WR seals around the shutter release button and on/off switch of the X-T3 appear to be more vulnerable than those in the X-T2 and X-H1. It could be moisture building up on the contacts. Something that compressed air won’t solve. Perhaps have it serviced? I doubt that you’ll need a new top plate.