Can't connect to iOS 9.1

rickytj

Hi, I can't connect my camera (X-T10) with my iPhone (iOS 9.1)

I have installed Fujifilm Camera Remote onto my iPhone and pressed the Fn7 button in my camera X-T10 to open the "wireless communication". When I tried to connect from my iPhone to the camera it said "can not connect".

What's the problem here?

p.s. pls understand if this question sounds extremely dumb as I just bought my X-T10 two weeks ago and this is my first ever interchangeable lens camera :D

Thanks all :)

1. Open the wireless communication on X-T10.

Open the wifi setting on your phone.

Select the FUJIFILM-X-T10-**** from the list.

Once it is says connected on the phone open the camera remote app.

Tap on the Remote Control icon. It should start connecting with the camera.

When it connected to the camera, the camera screen will ask you if the device is correct, just press the menu/ok button.

I could never get Camera Remote app to connect to my Android tablet. Recently when I wanted to try again I found PhotoReceiver. It worked first time. 

Check if the device listed in the camera has the same last 4 numbers on your android device. I encountered the same issue before then I saw my android phone changed the last 4 numbers. You just have to change the device from the list in the camera and pair it again.

Its really pain in the ass to get Camera Remote to work. I tried both iOS and Android devices and somehow managed to get remote working, yet I had to try many, many times. Would not rely on this function when shooting anybody than myself. Veeery embarrassing.

...plus one observation, maybe developers would find this useful - there is no way to change shutter mode when using remote app. After struggling with setting the connection for night shots I got totally upset to find out that camera was in ES mode (no exposures >1s) and there was no way to change it from app. I had to start from beginning.

I wonder if HS-V5 is better than free apps for mobile devices. Would like to try it out before spending 50$ on something that very possibly doesn't suits me. Anyone has experience with this software?

Thanks for ignoring my question. I see fuji doing very good job at keeping the tale smooth and sound. I checked on android now and it still sucks, and there is no shutter mode control (on both versions)

If I was responding to you, I would have quoted you.  Since I didn't quote you, my response was to the OP genius.  

I too encountered this problem but found the solution that works for me.

What I found out is that it you try to connect to your camera while your phone also has another wifi network profile saved, it will have difficulty connecting. So make sure when you try to connect to your camera, delete/forget all other wifi network profiles first.

This is what I do step by step to make sure I connect to my camera:

1. Make sure camera is off.

2. Make sure phone wifi is off.

3. Open wifi settings in phone and remove/delete all networks I am connected to or have saved previously in your CURRENT area. (E.g. If you are at home and connected or have saved profiles to your home and other wifi networks, disconnect AND delete the profiles. You have to both disconnect and delete/forget the saved profile. I know sometimes it's a pain to type the password again but so far it is the only solution that works for me.)

4. Turn camera on and select the wireless communication.

5. Turn on phone wifi.

6. Open Camera Remote app in phone and select which function you want to use. I usually only use Browse.

7. Wait for devices to connect.

8. Enjoy!

I hope this works for all who encounter the same problem. Cheers!

There are detailed instructions on the a Fuji website about the App. It was a gigantic pain-in-the-rear-end to get it to connect the first time, but once I did, it works pretty well. (Fuji X-E2 + iPhone 5s)

Make sure you have a jpg on the camera to transfer, I'm a RAW shooter and that tripped me up. 

Ha, found it. Not on the main Fuji site!?!  http://app.fujifilm-dsc.com/en/

Good luck!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Worked out why the XT-2 won't connect to IOS devices.

In my case I had 2 SD cards in the camera. RAW in slot 1 JPG in slot 2.

The solution is to remove the card in Slot 1 with RAW images on then move the card in slot 2 with JPG images into slot 1, job done.

Hope this helps

Edited by imattersuk