What is your X-E3 wish list?

I love my X-E2! It is fine as it is for photography... missing an ISO dial maybe?

I would buy an X-E3 for Fujiifilm's new video quality with shadow and highlights control.

My personal preference is cameras with no tilt screens. Classic style for the X-E3.

Edited by Henry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Number One wish - is weather sealing.

Number two - Tilting screen

Number thee - joystick for autofocus point

Number four - manual/auto switch (for those times that you pass off your camera to friends...)

I'd love for the X-E3 to have the ISO dial the same as the X-Pro2 - with an extra setting for control using buttons (for those who don't like it)... 

• 4 weeks later...

I would even like now X-E3 to have Bayer filter, like GFX, to reduce its price but have some features of X-T2, like AF, joystick, tilt LCD (not articulating), front dial, little bigger EVF wIth attachable eyecup and WR. No need for 2 slots and 4K to have both still enough different.  

Edited by renes

• 2 weeks later...

Just for my own interest, I made up a rough composite image of what I would like the X-E3 to look like, my wish, should they ever make one...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

For those of us that favour a smaller range-finder camera than the X Pro 2, but with the compactness of the X100F, and the facilities of the X-T2, that is where the X-E3 slots in. And the specs, well, here are my selfish desires...

• 24MP X-Trans Sensor
  • Same battery as X-T2/X Pro 2/X100F
  • Button-layout similar to X100F/X-T2
  • Focus point joystick / Two control dials
  • ISO combined with Shutter Speed Dial / Q-Menu Button Assignable
  • Weather-resistant
  • High-spec EVF similar to X-T2
  • Fast Single Shot-to-Shot time <0.2s
  • Better grip, similar to X-T2, maybe a touch slimmer
  • Two memory card slots, although might make the camera too fat!

Things I personally don't need, but some people do...

• Flash
  • Articulating screen
  • Touch screen
  • 4K Video

I am sure many people will have differing opinions on this. I have no need to argue with anyone else's wishes, the more the merrier I say! I really only post this to throw some more 'positive-energy' towards Fujifilm in the hope they do produce an X-E3 sometime soon...

Edited by easycass

At a time when the mirrorless market is trending relentlessly upwards in cost the best thing Fuji can do with the X-E3 (as they have, to their credit, done with the X-T20) is maintain their commitment to high quality affordable options. Not everyone wants to, or is able to, spend 1200, 1500, 1800 or more a camera. And for those who think there is no market for the X-E line this site shows otherwise since the poll carried out in Feb 2016 (http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/2214-which-fuji-x-cameras-do-you-use) showed the X-E2 to be the second most popular X model.

The X-E3 should get the core updates - the new sensor and the improved autofocus system. The rest is detail. What it should not get is a host of additional changes that drive up the price. For those who want the features found on the X-T2 or X-Pro2, buy an X-T2 or X-Pro2. The options are already there for you. For those of us who want a good quality affordable camera in the rangefinder style we're still on the X-E2s. Only Fuji knows the real size of this market, but the partial information we can pick up suggests it is significant.

Fuji, if you're listening, keep it affordable.

Edited by olli

At a time when the mirrorless market is trending relentlessly upwards in cost the best thing Fuji can do with the X-E3 (as they have, to their credit, done with the X-T20) is maintain their commitment to high quality affordable options. Not everyone wants to, or is able to, spend 1200, 1500, 1800 or more a camera. And for those who think there is no market for the X-E line this site shows otherwise since the poll carried out in Feb 2016 (http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/2214-which-fuji-x-cameras-do-you-use) showed the X-E2 to be the second most popular X model.

The X-E3 should get the core updates - the new sensor and the improved autofocus system. The rest is detail. What it should not get is a host of additional changes that drive up the price. For those who want the features found on the X-T2 or X-Pro2, buy an X-T2 or X-Pro2. The options are already there for you. For those of us who want a good quality affordable camera in the rangefinder style we're still on the X-E2s. Only Fuji knows the real size of this market, but the partial information we can pick up suggests it is significant.

Fuji, if you're listening, keep it affordable.

Finally, a sensible post.... :D

Just for my own interest, I made up a rough composite image of what I would like the X-E3 to look like, my wish, should they ever make one...

For those of us that favour a smaller range-finder camera than the X Pro 2, but with the compactness of the X100F, and the facilities of the X-T2, that is where the X-E3 slots in. And the specs, well, here are my selfish desires...

• 24MP X-Trans Sensor
  • Same battery as X-T2/X Pro 2/X100F
  • Button-layout similar to X100F/X-T2
  • Focus point joystick / Two control dials
  • ISO combined with Shutter Speed Dial / Q-Menu Button Assignable
  • Weather-resistant
  • High-spec EVF similar to X-T2
  • Fast Single Shot-to-Shot time <0.2s
  • Better grip, similar to X-T2, maybe a touch slimmer
  • Two memory card slots, although might make the camera too fat!

Things I personally don't need, but some people do...

• Flash
  • Articulating screen
  • Touch screen
  • 4K Video

I am sure many people will have differing opinions on this. I have no need to argue with anyone else's wishes, the more the merrier I say! I really only post this to throw some more 'positive-energy' towards Fujifilm in the hope they do produce an X-E3 sometime soon...

...and add IBIS and you've got a winner!

Really? Is it possible?

Well, it is possible for some camera systems. As I am aware, Fujifilm have said that it is highly unlikely that they would put IBIS into the X-series cameras. According to them, the reason is that when they designed the lens mount, in order to keep the lenses as compact as possible, they made the image-circle that is projected back onto the sensor to 'just' cover the area of the sensor. This means that if they were to apply any sort of sensor shift (which is the usual means to perform IBIS), the shift in position of the sensor would cause it to move beyond the usable area of the image-circle, causing darkening and lowering image quality at the edges of the image. They could do it by doing the sensor shift IBIS, and then cropping the image slightly, but not sure that Fuji would want to do this... We'll see what the future brings.