Tethering problem with x-h1

Anyone else having issues tethering with an x-h1?

Fujifilm X-Aquire, Capture one and Exposure all work great with my X-Pro2. But I can't get my X-H1 to be recognized.

For the record, I have both cameras set with identical PC Connection mode setting of 'USB AUTO'.

The X-H1 does show up in 'X Raw Studio' and can transfer files. So I'm very confused.

I also tried different cables to see if that was the issue, with no luck.

I'm on a M1 Mac running Monterey. Tried it on an Intel Mac running Monterey and another on Big Sur.

Has anyone a solution for X-H1?

Thanks.

I've used the X-H1 for a while for my professional work, but there were too many bugs that Fujifilm never really solved in firmware. In terms of build quality it is a great camera though. The X-Pro2 has a micro-USB2.0 connector and the X-H1 has a micro-USB3.0 connector. These 3.0 ports are more discerning when it comes to the right cable.

In case you work with an adapter try a native cable that doesn't need an adapter (also on the mac-side) and isn't too long (no more that 3m). The X-H1 is esp. sensitive to the capacity of the cable and whether it is shielded. In the end I got it working with Capture One, but I had to buy a new 3m Tethertools cable as the 4.6m was apparently too long. Now 3m is too short for me, so this on top of some other issues was for me the reason to switch to another camera. Tethertools has also a solution to boost the capacity (Tetherboost) of a USB3.0 connection, but I never tried that. I'm now on USB-C on both ends, so that solves the issue.

Edited by Herco

1 hour ago, downtime said:

That’s a lot of great info. I’m gonna explore those options. I don’t really wanna get an XT4 at this point. (Come on X-H2!)

Thanks!

You're welcome. I still use my X-Pro2 for personal work every now and then, but I replaced the X-H1 (and the rest of the Fuji-kit) with a Z7II-based kit and I'm very satisfied with that move.

Yes I don’t blame you. I’ll always have some Fujifilm gear. But if they don’t upgrade their gear in the next 3 months I’m going to go back to Canon for a lot of my work. I really love Fujifilm for all the right reasons but it’s faults are getting in the way of my work at this point.