Time lapse feature?

andrewv8

I use VirtualDub.  Very basic, but free.  http://www.virtualdub.org/

Essentially just open a directory with sequentially numbered images, tell it that it's an image sequence, and voila.  You can set the frame rate and make looping GIFs or save to an AVI.  From there you could import into more complex video editing software like Adobe Premiere or the like.

I used to shoot for a local music promotion company and did a number of stop motion videos of live paintings that were created during the concerts.  Always a fun product from the shows.  Here's one example, which was quite a night... the painting was actually stolen right from the stage after the show!  It was recovered the next day thanks to the stop motion camera catching the guy with his hand literally on the painting.  The timing was perfect and the guy had no idea it was there. 

If you're just going to HD video at best, you don't need a terribly awesome camera to do this or can just set your image size much lower if you want to save on storage space (1080p is only 2MP).  I used to do this with a little Canon SD300, which is a good 10-11 years old now, I think.  I had hacked it with the totally awesome CHDK that opens up all kinds of crazy stuff.  Though, the setup in the X-T1 is vastly more friendly and simple to implement.  I did some star trails last year and a stop motion of a big storm on a river with the X-T1 and they both turned out wonderfully.