Marrakesh with the X100T

My wife and I went to Marrakesh for one week. I only took the X100T, some spare batteries and SD cards with me.

17381908839_865276214a_b.jpgTaxi in Marrakesh by Stockografie, on Flickr

17493926305_ddab958c1f_b.jpgLong shadows by Stockografie, on Flickr

17295032110_210815c290_b.jpgDjamaa El Fna Panorama by Stockografie, on Flickr

17149621317_51aa03210f_b.jpgTake a Taxi by Stockografie, on Flickr

17330404495_129fe5b5f6_b.jpgDjamaa El Fna by Stockografie, on Flickr

I´ll keep on posting more shots as soon as I have finished sorting and editing the shots.

Thanks for the positiv comment.

I wrote up a little blogpost on www.stockografie.de about the trip there. You can also take the direct link http://stockografie.de/stockografie-the-x100t-and-marrakesh/

Yes, the locals can actually get quite aggressive if you take a shot of them and they don´t want it. I had one incident where I took a shot of the whole seen and one guy thought I was taking his picture. He was actually only about 1cm of the whole shot. He shouted at me and did some wild gestures. I just said that he was not on the photograph and walked away. The best thing would have been to show him the shot and delete it if necessary. But he was so rude that I felt quit offended. It´s a give and take situation with street photography.

Thanks for the insight.  I've taken a look at your site and there are a lot of really nice shots there.  I particularly like "mint tea", "black and white shadow view", "view over Marrakesh", "inside", "relaxing", "reading" and "the long street".

I recently was in South East Asia and China for nearly six weeks with only the X100T and the TCL-X100 and know why you're tempted to use only this camera.  It truly is a small wonder. 

Love the vintage Merc taxis! By the way, I prefer the colour and tone in the pics you say you edited yourself in LR to those with the presets applied.

Thanks. I personally don´t use VSCO at all. Don´t even have them on my mac to be honest.

Whenever I edit a raw file I do it do my pleasure. Personally I think that is involving myself more into the shot and how I wish to photograph to look. Most of the time it takes me less than two minutes to edit a photograph these days. I see the finished picture in my inner eye when I am taking it.

I hope this is somewhat understandable how I am trying to explain this.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Long shadow B&W is the best one so far for me. Great job.

have you seen the goats on a tree? :D

click the great black and white photography you spoke about to get to flickr and then move three or four photographs to the left (a.k.a. backwards).. i never knew they could pull something like that off, lol! 

• 1 month later...

Beautiful images! It looks like an amazing palace to be with a camera. I've heard also about some of the locals aversion to being photographed, or demanding money in exchange. I do understand somewhat if they're working in a place where tourists point a camera at them every 5 mins- it's never nice feeling like a money in a zoo! But there agin in other places people don't seem to mind so... who knows.

I guess you have to be a little;e more thick skinned there for street photography :)

Archie