X-T1 command wheels

mokba

I've been shooting my X-T1 for a couple of months and am totally delighted with it. I feel I'm missing something when it comes to both command wheels. They are useful during playback but in shooting mode the back wheel only adjusts aperature when a non-ringed lens is mounted. The front wheel only changes P settings when lens and shutter speed are set to A and ISO is not set to A. Am I missing something here or are there two nice pieces of hardware that don't really do much? I love the controls of the camera but it feels like Fuji missed an opportunity with the wheels.

I've been shooting my X-T1 for a couple of months and am totally delighted with it. I feel I'm missing something when it comes to both command wheels. They are useful during playback but in shooting mode the back wheel only adjusts aperature when a non-ringed lens is mounted. The front wheel only changes P settings when lens and shutter speed are set to A and ISO is not set to A. Am I missing something here or are there two nice pieces of hardware that don't really do much? I love the controls of the camera but it feels like Fuji missed an opportunity with the wheels.

First of all you can switch roles played by command dials between each other. Thus they are called main and sub command dials.

Secondly RTFM! It's all there.

In short main command dial can operate:

-Shutter speed from +2/3 to -2/3 of the set position on shutter dial (SD) in all positions except (A, 180, T, B ) in 1/3 increments.

-All shutter range with SD in T in 1/3 increments. (with FW 4.0)

-Magnifications when focus assist activated

-Eye detection when face detection activated

-Size of AF frame.

-etc.