Seen any new and “ interesting " accessories for the Fuji system? (or general purpose ones)

milandro

My search for the new and unusual in photography brings me to unexpected places.

Some things are interesting but some are plain are simply weird.

This gizmo has been invented ( energy which could have been better used in a different and more productive way) to encourage a mobile-phone-photographer, whilst using his phone as a camera, to better compose his pictures by transforming the phone into a bulky and not particularly good camera.

Look!

slow-photography-1.jpg

slow-photography-2.jpg

The ridiculous thing is that you buy and extremely bulky box to put ypour phone in, why you could buy a proper camera and make better pictures while carrying around a much smaller object!

Same thing applies to a Go pro house which transforms

EXO-45.jpgthe look of your go pro into a look alike of a classic camera,

Why?

EXO-Front.jpg

video-585056-h264_high.mp4

3D printing is the new thing.

I’ve shown you this start-up company above with lens hoods ( in need of some re-thinking methinks) but other folks have decided to put to good use their projects and here we have this company, Shapeways, which promises to realize for you any 3D printed accessory that you can think of but can’t buy because is not for sale.

So here they have this focussing grips for cameras featuring (or not) some follow focus for video.

FollowFocusRingGearCanonKitLens.jpg

For Fuji users they have a double lens cap ( which, if you really need this contraption, you can make yourself by simply glueing two cheap caps together) to mount two lenses in this weird way.

625x465_1119164_1060145_1429692013.jpg

625x465_1119164_1060147_1429692013.jpg

For Fuji users they have a double lens cap ( which, if you really need this contraption, you can make yourself by simply glueing two cheap caps together) to mount two lenses in this weird way.

625x465_1119164_1060147_1429692013.jpg

Great idea, I like it! I will make glued caps too.

be careful when you pick up heavy lenses glued like this then. the weight of a 90mm would certainly strain

I can’t understand why would people want to do that but it takes all sorts

No, opposite, I want it for small/short lenses like 27 or 35. With doubled stacks I can get much better arrangement in my bag, together with long zooms. I didn't like to put one lens on top of another without a some hardware fixture in between, and here are these wonderful glued caps.

well, Swarovski has done worse things  ;)

[...]

Besides, Fashion Designers have already started doing things like these

[...]

to which the youth of LOMO-philes started replying with these

I know, I remember these... things... we used to laughs a lot about those changes until we saw that there was genuine interest about it.

That's pretty much when we knew for sure that humanity was doomed...

But still... D&G with Fuji.... I really can not imagine something tasteful out of it...

The use of the adjective “ tasteful” as applied to fashion is a matter of... personal taste :)

perhaps you prefer a more conventional and perhaps contrived Hermes camera? Something tells me that this indispensable fashion statement will convince many Leica users

hermes-leica-m7-limited-edition-camera-1hermes-leica-m7-limited-edition-camera-2

After all Stella McCartney has designed a camera bag too....... it was only $1,235!

Luxurious-Geek-Stella-McCartney-Patent-C

The leather straps from Hermes, I can get behind that.

It's a small touch that adds a bit of fashion to it. It's nicely done too and nothing super obvious. I kind of like that.

The camera bag is "okay".

I have seen a woman's hand purse priced at 15.000€... That's almost the price of Leica M9 Titatnium edition... FOR A FREAKING PURSE ! >.<

Yes, I like going to nice shops and browse.

Sometime ago I was in London and went to Hermes there (my wife always says that a city isn’t a city with no Hermes shop, Amsterdam didn’t have one until relatively recent times) and I asked to see a particular handbag. It was very nice but had one of these outrageous Hermes prices. So I asked if they had the larger version ( it came into 3 sizes) and they said that they didn’t but they could order one for me and it would be there in 3 months.

I said that I was so sorry to hear that and that I was in London only for the day and the day after was my wife’s birthday  :D .

Beautiful though these things are their price is also outrageous. But some folks would only buy things like this!

Have you seen the latest RR encrusted with 446 diamonds in the car’s roof?

the-446-diamonds-planted-in-this-rolls-r

This is not, yet, probably the most pressing of problems for Fuji photographers because, let’s be honest, the Fuji system lacks long lenses and it is, because of that, most probably, not the most widely used system by wildlife photographers.

Yet, soon there will be things like the 100-400mm.

This is an accessory which is supposed to facilitate following moving objects when pointing at them a camera with a long telephoto lens. It works, more or less, as the sights of a rifle.

Whether it would really simplify things remains to be seen (literally :D ) 

MixCamera-1113-Edit-3.jpg

Maybe to be used with something like this? 

Cotton Carrier Steady Shot with Camera Vest (Black)

Cotton-Carrier-Steady-Shot-with-Camera-V

• 3 weeks later...

This is not, yet, probably the most pressing of problems for Fuji photographers because, let’s be honest, the Fuji system lacks long lenses and it is, because of that, most probably, not the most widely used system by wildlife photographers.

Yet, soon there will be things like the 100-400mm.

This is an accessory which is supposed to facilitate following moving objects when pointing at them a camera with a long telephoto lens. It works, more or less, as the sights of a rifle.

Whether it would really simplify things remains to be seen (literally :D ) 

I have an Olympus red dot sight that fits into a camera hot shoe and yes, it does make framing long distance, moving objects easier the same way that a rangefinder makes framing easier. You see more of what's around the frame. 

That being said...that's a very specific, specialized use.

• 3 weeks later...