Seen any new and “ interesting " accessories for the Fuji system? (or general purpose ones)

milandro

This seems like an accident waiting to happen...

• 4 months later...
Speaking of JJC (and reviving this old thread), I recently bought their lens hood for the 16-50 OIS (I bought the lens second hand and it came with caps only). It's a really tight fit, the first time I put it on I thought I was going to crack it. Reversing it onto the lens is also hard to do. I either leave it attached on the lens or just leave it at home.

Speaking of JJC (and reviving this old thread), I recently bought their lens hood for the 16-50 OIS (I bought the lens second hand and it came with caps only). It's a really tight fit, the first time I put it on I thought I was going to crack it. Reversing it onto the lens is also hard to do. I either leave it attached on the lens or just leave it at home.

I've had mixed success even with the Fuji OEM hoods. The one that is the tightest fit and feels like you explained is the one for the 50-140. Other hoods seem not tight enough.

Edited by iSilentP

• 10 months later...
On 3/16/2017 at 4:27 AM, milandro said:

this is a quite interesting accessory, which is actually, at least originally, not originally meant for photography ( I spoke of something similar a few posts before) but can be used quite well for quick photography when you need to quickly point your camera and hopefully shoot pictures and no bullets  ;)

Especially when used to quickly point a very long lens ( where people sometimes have to “ find” the subject) this will be very good.

reddotreflex.jpg

Olympus makes a camera-specific red-dot sight. It works on any camera with a flash shoe. In the past, I used the Olympus site with an X-T2 for birds-in-flight photography. I still have it but no longer use it since I bought my X-H1. 

A few other Olympus products can be recycled for use on the Fujifilm X series. For example, their twin flash bracket for macrophotography can be revamped to create macro flash system similar to the Canon MT-24 or MT-26 or Meike MT-24. Just mount a Godox wireless trigger on your flash shoe and install two Godox flash units on the Olympus bracket's macro arms. Manfrotto makes a less versatile bracket to use with a similar Godox flash setup. It all works because the Godox trigger and flashes are wireless.