Seen any new and “ interesting " accessories for the Fuji system? (or general purpose ones)

milandro

Nubrella anyone? Now we won't need WR.

https://petapixel.com/2017/04/13/nubrella-hands-free-umbrella-can-keep-camera-dry/

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks for your contribution Aswald. much appreciated and I would encourage others to do the same.

This Nubrella seems to have been taken directly from one of those modern prams.

I think that it is not only ridiculous but dangerous.

A stronger sudden wind gust might easily knock you down if not make you airborne wile strapped to this thing.

Suppose that happens while you are strolling on a mountain ridge or a castle wall.

If this would have been presented to Dragon’s den they would have made mincemeat of the inventor’s concept.

But there it is, an accident waiting to happen. I hope they have good insurance.

But I will say that I do see this invention “ taking off” ;)  :D , I am sorry but I’m out  :rolleyes:

But I will say that I do see this invention “ taking off” ;)  :D , I am sorry but I’m out  :rolleyes:

Hahaha...... :lol: 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels the same. I was very curious to see what others think.

Danger aside, it could prove very cumbersome if one had a back pack. And it really doesn't look like it's any use with crosswinds.

I guess everyone is trying to come up with unique, ingenious ideas. Hit and miss I guess. I don't mind the laughs though.... :D 

A £2.5 rain poncho, a big plastic bag and a rubberband was my make shift "weather proof" gear in the Borneo. I was surprised how well it worked.

Enter the Photo Pod.

Edited by Aswald

This must be for the voyeurist in us all. :o 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000F49052/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=bp09b-20&camp=213381&creative=390973&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B000F49052&adid=1M9BD61S926SE07EYJC0&

Thanks, although this is not exactly a “ new” accessory...the mirror which mounts in front of a lens has been around for years and years! I have seen it ever since I started taking pictures and I promise It is a long time ago, I bought my first reflex in 1976 and I had been already using my father’s cameras prior to that. There are even Iphone models now. But it is a gimmick.

Pentax also made one in the ’70, these are ads one of the  mid ’60 and the other the mid ’70.

00Rlpg-96891684.jpg

Thanks Aswald this was already talked about before. It is an incredibly old gadget already sold in the ‘60

Thanks Aswald this was already talked about before. It is an incredibly old gadget already sold in the ‘60

Thanks. Missed that one. It was odd to see such a gadget. "Platinum series. High definition". I guess, if you're really snooping....... :lol: ....and quite a sum of good money too!

• 4 weeks later...

Haha....yeah. Never really took off though. I used to spend hours and days looking at the classifieds at the back of comic books.

https://themagicrobot.wordpress.com/category/red-comet/

b80a5aefef77ec9962059e4c1dbd073f_origina

I too received an email from Lomography introducing this kickstarter, but I am afraid that I won’t be pledging.

I can’t see myself using this lens system. I can just see myself dropping these tiny lenses and them getting full of dust in my bag.

9821214e940add572cf10ecfb5426e5f_origina

It's too fiddly, offers only a lens with focal length between 35 and 80mm ( which would maybe make more sense on a larger sensor) and is not even cheap because it does nothing more than a zoom lens does, albeit the hipster lomography way.

It reminds me of lens systems like the one of the Kodak Retina IIIc. That system never caught on for the same reason.

maxresdefault.jpg

They talk about “ other lenses” to add to the system and mention a 15mm , well the limitation of a system like this is precisely that It can never be used for short focal lenses.

The stopless aperture ( finding your aperture , the same every time, will prove more complex that one anticipates) and the "drop in" effect patterned apertures  are nice in theory but you will drop them on the floor rather than in the camera, in practice.

Aside the “ cool” looks (debatable), the potential of dropping lens elements and apertures ( especially for me, I have some problems in holding small objects) is just too big.

I don’t see the advantage over a zoom lens other than carrying all sorts of bits and pieces all exposed to dust collecting.

I’d rather have a modern zoom lens but even a classic manual zoom lens will beat this in usability.

Edited by milandro

b80a5aefef77ec9962059e4c1dbd073f_origina

I too received an email from Lomography introducing this kickstarter, but I am afraid that I won’t be pledging.

I can’t see myself using this lens system. I can just see myself dropping these tiny lenses and them getting full of dust in my bag.

9821214e940add572cf10ecfb5426e5f_origina

It's too fiddly, offers only a lens with focal length between 35 and 80mm ( which would maybe make more sense on a larger sensor) and is not even cheap because it does nothing more than a zoom lens does, albeit the hipster lomography way.

It reminds me of lens systems like the one of the Kodak Retina IIIc. That system never caught on for the same reason.

maxresdefault.jpg

They talk about “ other lenses” to add to the system and mention a 15mm , well the limitation of a system like this is precisely that It can never be used for short focal lenses.

The stopless aperture ( finding your aperture , the same every time, will prove more complex that one anticipates) and the "drop in" effect patterned apertures  are nice in theory but you will drop them on the floor rather than in the camera, in practice.

Aside the “ cool” looks (debatable), the potential of dropping lens elements and apertures ( especially for me, I have some problems in holding small objects) is just too big.

I don’t see the advantage over a zoom lens other than carrying all sorts of bits and pieces all exposed to dust collecting.

I’d rather have a modern zoom lens but even a classic manual zoom lens will beat this in usability.

Thanks for the reference to Kodak Retina. Learn something new...

I thought about them being fiddly but didn't think dust would be a problem. On second thoughts......you may be right.

Kick Starter can be tough. I've seen some pretty amazingly weird stuff. Still, some are funded.

there were many more lenses with the same system as the Kodak Retina III they never became a success, because having the aperture ( and in those cases also the shutter) and at least one group of one of more lenses in the body limited the construction so much that aperture was always limited and shorten than 28mm focal lengths were impossible.

Lomography, nice and creative though it is, sometimes, in attempt to be the eternal hipster system, loses touch with practicality.

They have invented a lens whose whole purpose (and more) can be easily performed and in a better way by any zoom, even an ancient one if you must.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...