Seen any new and “ interesting " accessories for the Fuji system? (or general purpose ones)

milandro

Thanks, although this is not exactly a “ new” accessory...the mirror which mounts in front of a lens has been around for years and years! I have seen it ever since I started taking pictures and I promise It is a long time ago, I bought my first reflex in 1976 and I had been already using my father’s cameras prior to that. There are even Iphone models now. But it is a gimmick.

Pentax also made one in the ’70, these are ads one of the  mid ’60 and the other the mid ’70.

00Rlpg-96891684.jpg

• 1 month later...

this is really nice a front grip for the Fujifilm X-E1 or 2.

It is a DIY project by Stefanos Tsakiris and he published a film on youtube.

I wish I had the ability to make one of these myself but I don’t. I suppose that you can’t make them for other people because one of the problems would be that you make these based on the precise fitting of your hand. I am sure that would be a market.

Especially if you find a way to attach this to the camera not relying only on adhesive. Perhaps you could integrate this by using an arca swiss compatible plate?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting accessories sometimes can be bought off the shelf but sometimes they are the product of someones creativity.

Some mirrorless camera don’t have a EVF or OVF and one has to rely on the LCD.

You can use one of those that you apply on the camera and makes it look much like a film camera but if you have an old waist level viewfinder for a 4,5 X 6 cm camera you may just add to the vintage look of your camera!

Mr. Dmitri Popov came up with this very nice solution

http://scribblesandsnaps.com/2016/02/01/simple-photo-hack-use-a-vintage-optical-viewfinder-with-a-mirrorless-camera/

24414104440_0bfb5ed121_c_d.jpg?w=605

These waist level finders are very light ( I remember from the days when I had several Pentax 6 x 7 which I think it would probably be the best) and, at least my X-T1, practically locks in a flat position and it is very sturdy ( so I suppose also the other cameras without any EVF would have something similar).

The Pentax 6 x 7 weighs 65gr.

Edited by milandro

• 4 weeks later...

Considering this is a rather weird thread already, I will venture into this: Milandro, there is a weird accessory sticking from your mouth in your avatar picture. Do you play the sax ? I'd love to hear, send us a link to an mp3 or to a YouTube video. Off topic, but let us enjoy life while we can.

I do play the saxophone as an amateur and few other related instruments. I have my own quintet and we play vocal ad instrumental Jazz standards.

Don’t take offense, but long ago I decided not to share videos or mp3 files of my playing in public and keep this for myself or my close circles,  as doing that brings to either undeserved compliments, simply because you did it, or vitriolic and venomous comments from the part of those who don’t like you for all kinds or unrelated reasons.

However I would share another of my finds on line about a 3D printed implement to put your lens cap away when using your camera.

3D printing is still in tis infancy though and I would expect a lot more in the future.

625x465_1199869_1126622_1429709938.thumb

Milandro,

Thanks for your reply, no offence of course, I was just tempted by the picture because I love jazz. I play a little bit, too. Recently I have enjoyed listening to Joe Chamorro and the St Andreu orchestra - he is a teacher and they have an amazing project going on, teaching and playing with young musicians. I think it is fantastic to see young kids so ethusiastic about jazz as opposed to the junk that most young people listen to in mainstream media. Look them up if you like. Anyway, back to Fuji. Cheers, Kind Regards

George

Ok, you are really desperate, you’ve shot a picture on your phone and you want to print it and you can’t find any supermarket with a printing machine although they are everywhere.

You take this out of you pocket and you print a bad picture directly from the screen of your phone. Happy?

photo-original.jpg?w=1536&h=864&fit=fill

:)

Although there is quite a bit of tongue in cheek in reporting my findings, and just in case you might be serious,  I’ve shown how someone built a Nikon F wooden simulacrum around a digital camera

So, I suppose it is possible to do probably alongside these lines where someone took a Canon and made it into a waist level camera look alike

http://petapixel.com/2015/01/12/canon-powershot-n-transformed-waist-level-rolleiflex-style-camera/

waist-level-camera-01.jpg

So I am sure that you could come up with a box looking like an Hasselblad while containing your camera choice with the LCD screen flipped up ( if it flips up) and make it into a Hasselblad look alike.

• 1 month later...

following up on the folding hood for the LCD transforming your camera into a waist level camera I’ve found these (several brands, models and sizes) on ebay.  They should be all light and inexpensive, I would have preferred if they had included a magnifying lens.

s-l1000.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I know it is crazy, but some of you don’t seem to have enough “ power” from batteries and cant’ spare the few seconds it takes to change one.

Now it even looks like the X-T2 batteries can be recharged within in the camera.

Incredible though this is the solution (Sic!) is a photovoltaic charger in the shape of a backpack.

http://www.voltaicsystems.com/solar-camera-charger

array-solar-camera-charger.jpg

Edited by milandro

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

There are multiple brands for these things ( if there is any such thing as kluge r us ^_^ )

on a sideline...

Could you please dis-activate the message “ Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk” ? do that in the preferences of Tapatalk

It bothers lots of people

http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/1124-please-disable-the-message-“-sent-from-my-iphone-using-tapatalk/

It really adds nothing to your participation to the forum.

Edited by milandro