Seen any new and “ interesting " accessories for the Fuji system? (or general purpose ones)

milandro

Fellow FR forum members,

During occasional phases of boredom I like to look around the internet seeking accessories ( the weirder the better) for my camera system. Not that I would, necessarily, buy everything but I really like to treat myself to something useful or simply nice to have.

In so doing I have collected a few useful things but I still like to be informed on the things which inventive people come up with every now and again.

So while doing this I found this wooden thumb grip and soft shutter release, I didn’t buy it because I don’t have this particular camera but I supposed that someone else would have liked it so I brought it to your attention.

http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/1624-wooden-thumb-grip-and-shutter-release-for-fuji-cameras/

wouldn’t it be nice if  you were to do the same? This is a platform for this kind of things. Please feel free to add as many and weird possible accessories, ideally meant only for the Fuji system but also other ones.

what about this? http://www.kenkotokinausa.com/kenko/products/specialfilters/maxplkit/

Hard to see polarizing effects....
1.with all rangefinders
2.due to LCD screen glare
3.through dark/small viewfinders of Digital SLRs
4.especially when using a zoom lens
The solution = The MAX PL KIT

You simply mount the PL Finder on the hotshoe of your camera. Attach the included vernier polarizing filter in front of your lens. Look through the PL Finder, turn the ring on the PL Finder to achieve the desire effect. Note the numerical mark on PL Finder where the white dot is. Adjust the vernier polarizing filter so that the numerical marking on the filter is also pointing at the same direction (ie: inline with the white dot on the PL Finder). Then compose the picture using your camera's viewfinder and take the shot.

Reduce Glare and Reflections
Using the C-PL filter, reflections and glare can be reduced significantly from non-metallic surfaces. A camera angle of 30 degrees from the reflecting surface (glass, water, etc.) is ideal for maximum effect.

Color and Contrast
Enhancement sometimes appears bluish. This is also caused by light polarization. Using the polarizing filter will help to greatly reduce the softness caused by atmospheric haze.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I have to admit that my Japanese is no longer what it used to be  :rolleyes: ... It seems to be  a polarizer with a small viewfinder which only function is to show the polarizer effect to someone using a viewfinder camera.

I have to say that this ticks several boxes in the weird and (methinks), rather pointless accessory category for a camera that has, along with an optical viewfinder, also an electronic viewfinder ( and few people know whether the exact same configuration will be used on the successor).

If one wants to see what the polarized image looks like one switches form OVF to EVF  and then goes happily back to shooting or am I wrong? 

However, Patrick, this is precisely the type of contribution to this thread that I was looking for, thank you!

But that site is a gem! Look at this wood cover for your hot shoe and soft shutter release  :D priceless ( or probably just pricy!).

001_s.jpg005_s.jpg006_s.jpg

Love that polarizer viewer! Takes me back to Leica days - my old one (slip on 36 from Leitz NY) flipped from the lens to the viewfinder. You kind of need one if you stick with the X-Pro OVF! Never had a problem with an EVF or SLR... Maybe handy with an A or an M in bright sunlight?

I think the hot shoe covers are quite functional as they keep the edges of the shoe from catching on things, the keep the shoe contacts clean, and help prevent dust and moisture from getting in the locking hole. These are nice, but I would probably laugh at the price and make my own. I notice these have the notch in the corner for use on an old Leica.

Here's my adaption!

My first real camera was a Pentax LX.  The one thing it had that I really miss is the strap lugs being able to be fitted in all four corners...  I don't want my camera round my neck like a tourist, I what my camera held on one shoulder, upright format, under my jacket from where I can can swing it up ready for action.

Fuji didn't do this so I have had to do it for myself.  Here's some pictures showing what I'm on about and you should be able to work out how to do it yourself.

This is an accessory that (sadly) never become true. The X-T1 ISO-Unlocker: http://www.fujirumors.com/iso-unlocker-for-the-x-t1-for-20/

Carbon fiber grips to ennoble your X-camera: http://www.fujirumors.com/prototype-carbon-fiber-grips-to-ennoble-your-x-camera/

http://hrr-manufaktur.com/

One often overlooked accessory for any camera is the pistol grip.

When I had my Rolleiflex cameras ( I used a 2.8  planar and a 3.5 tessar for several years) I also owned a prism in order to use the cameras at eye level rather than the more customary 6 x 6 cm waist level shooting.

When using the camera that way it becomes almost mandatory to have a pistol grip, mine had also a quick release which allowed the camera to be quickly fitted to a tripod also fitted with a quick-release.

Since practically all modern cameras can be used for filming this accessory which wasn’t all that useful for the majority of 35mm cameras ( and which almost disappeared) has made a come back. There are tons of these around.

Some are simple grips screwed on at the bottom of the camera others integrate various other functions, the most useful of which is probably an electric cable release 

$_35.JPG

of course this is an area where the creativity could go really wild ( especially by getting inspiration from the past!)

camera-gun-11.jpg

It is possible that some of us find their Fuji cameras in need of some ornamentations.

If you can’t find solace in the normal accessories and have cash to spend you may want to contact am artist who specilizes in offering useless ornaments for all manners of hobbies.

Meet Jay Tsujimura Goldsmith, decadent? You bet!  :D

0bb0c78bfd21faa97ae36e5995ea16a1.jpg

Have you bought a lens Coffee mug? I have  :D but use it for pens and pencils.

cameralens_mok.jpg

Maybe you haven’t because it is not a Fuji after all!

Bt all manners of “ lenses” are used for more or less useless gadgets Like this calendar

camera-lens-calendar.jpg

How about this alarm clock?

Multifunction-Camera-Lens-Clock.jpg

And these very useful bracelets made of recycled lens bodies?

photography-gadgets-16.jpg

At the dawn of digital photography 1998, someone thought of adding an insert containing a digital sensor which could transform any analog camera into a digital one.

They called it IMAGEK EFS-1

This never really materialized and it has appeared in many forms which never made it past the 3D model or prototype. Of course this would have been riddled by all sorts of problems but if anyone could have made it we wouldn’t have had so many new camera and we would have kept on using almost any analog camera ever made.

20 years down the line, the concept is no longer appealing but it would make an incredible accessory to revive ownership of analog cameras.

new1.jpg

imagek2.jpg

imagek1.jpg

Later on many others took this concept but even that never made it into production.

digitalfilm.jpg

digitalfilm2.jpg

digital35mm.jpg

digipod1.jpg

13-open.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It has a very distinct  DIY look but it is very interesting this is the address where they sell it.

Apparently it is a place where you can order all kings of 3D printed items.

It ain’t cheap ( curious price €21.97) if compared to the ocular made for the X-T1 but is not too expensive either. The only drawback is that you lose access to the left side ring to use you camera with a neck strap.

http://www.shapeways.com/product/SYCAN5H84/ocular-adaptor-for-x-e1-x-e2?li=shareProduct

625x465_3386421_12387685_1448645543.jpg

625x465_3386421_12387683_1448645543.jpg

Funny how Thai makers of accessories work especially with wood to make all sorts of things to complement a rather high tech look camera like the X-T1. This is a combo seen on Etsy for grip, soft release button and a very naively carved thumb grip ( it should be called thumb rest really)

il_570xN.869545911_4re1.jpg

this is another similar one

il_570xN.869783976_78yf.jpg

these lens adapters which allow light in the camera to create flares on purpose must be one of the quickest way to get a bad quality ( though creative?) image with your expensive camera!

Sometimes I can’t help asking myself if looking for unusual shots gets in the way of thinking.

1448399841519.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is pure decadence coupled to new technology!

A Dutch company ( run by, I should imagine, very young folks who probably do this as a part of their course of study in industrial design, since in the Netherlands, many higher education courses require a study group of students to set up a company and sell a product as a part of their study... )

Kapsones is the name of the company ( in Dutch it means to give oneself some airs or to be arrogant) are #D printing lens hoods in all manner of designs.

Now it would have been probably a good job to realize that whatever color the lens hood is outside, it really needs to be black and non reflective inside ( they don’t appear to be in this image)

Kapsones-1.jpg

Header-about.png

well, along with the camera grips which make your camera look like a pistol or a gun like this glorious Zenith sniper

original_ps.jpg

or this other contraption

cool-geeky-gadgets.jpg

, all things that are guaranteed, these days, to get you at least in trouble...

this accessory side “ holster” for mirrorless cameras ( thank G-D, not available for Fuji!)  by Roberu ( a Japanese maker)  is almost guaranteed that it would get you shot and maybe killed and I can just imagine the scenes at an airport if you would be unwittingly trying to board with this camera holster at your hip. .

And it ain’t even cheap./ Only $240!

An expensive BAD idea!

wpid-Photo-01082012-11341.jpg