X-S10 storing time between two images

Zababo

I’ve a just bought an X-S 10 and I am surprised by the time the camera is busy between two images in still/single mode. During this time the viewer and the screen are blind with this message “storing”. 

My X-H1 use about half a second for “processing”. My X-S10 needs one to two seconds for “storing”. It’s absolutely too long. 

I shoot in raw, with SDHc cards (95Mbs/s) just formatted in the camera. Changing of card, still SDHC, change nothing. Camera firmware is updated and I use the A mode. 
In burst mode, there is no problem: The screen keep usefull and there is no “storing” time after 6 to 8 raw images in about 2sec. 
In my mind, the ram buffer should be used in any shooting mode, not only in burst mode.

Is it a usual phenomenon or a specific problem with this camera?

Hi Zababo
I have no solution regrettably but can agree with all your comments and frustration. Its not the Clarity setting, been there done that,  as you say I just use Burst mode to get round it, especially for Portraits or Street. I think you will find its also a lot faster when camera is set to Manual mode, so it must be something in the default Auto setting!!!  

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Piotrcus said:

Solution is to set Clarity off to "0", but that only works in Manual mode. What abaout AUTO? Clarity is blocked, it can't be change and the camera is terribly slow.

Is it always slow? Is it only slow in Auto mode? Are there specific situations when it is slow?

What do you mean by "camera is terribly slow"? DO you mean when writing to the card? Does the light flash when it is slow?

What card do you have?

It is slow in manual mode when using "clarity" (it's ok) and randomly in AUTO mode (in AUTO the clarity option is grey, can't be change, no flash using) . Sometimes from the first shot, simetimes every few shots, sometimes several shots in a row. The screen is black and the message "storing" is displayed. This takes about 2 seconds. The light is then red. The card used is SAMSUNG Pro Plus SDXC 256GB (UHS-I / U3, V30).

On 8/17/2022 at 3:25 PM, Piotrcus said:

It is slow in manual mode when using "clarity" (it's ok) and randomly in AUTO mode (in AUTO the clarity option is grey, can't be change, no flash using) . Sometimes from the first shot, simetimes every few shots, sometimes several shots in a row. The screen is black and the message "storing" is displayed. This takes about 2 seconds. The light is then red. The card used is SAMSUNG Pro Plus SDXC 256GB (UHS-I / U3, V30).

The only ways I can get the camera to show the "storing" message while it writes is to set either Clarity or HDR - neither of which can be selected in full auto mode. Even a very slow card does not show that message. I'm out of ideas.

Perhaps you could post a link to a file when this occurs (straight out of camera) so that we can see all of your settings.

• 6 months later...

I have exactly the same behavior since the day I bough X-S10. Shooting on auto in bright condition (basically any sunny day) is very unpleasant because of this delay.

I didn't find any workaround. The only one is choosing "P" mode which is a bit less "auto" and doesn't have this problem.

I was very disappointment because X-S10 was marketed a bit for those that want to start photography and not for hardcore "only manual setting" users, yet the default experience with the simplest "auto" mode has this long delay after shooting a photo.

• 2 months later...