Haven't been able to find a video or anything actually demonstrating the auto image transfer feature to the app, either while taking photos or when you turn the camera off and it does it in the background. Can anyone verify that this feature works well? Do the images just hang out in the app and you then have to save them directly to your phone or will they just show up in your phones photo gallery?

Thanks in advance - this is kind of the make or break feature keeping me from going with the x100v vs saving some money on an older model that just has the standard wifi transfer. 

Ethan

• 4 weeks later...

I use this feature all the time. 

I can turn the auto sync on and off with one of the custom buttons. (long hold on the front leaver for me) It let's me select the destination, or no destination if I don't want it to sync. At the end of the day, or shooting, I select the device I want to send the photos to. Open the app on that device, and turn off the camera. It will then automatically transfer all the new photos to my device. 

It works great. I've got it synced up to my google photo account, so it does from my tablet, to the cloud, and I can view them on my phone, or can be automatically added to a shared album. 

I'm very happy with my purchase. 

14 hours ago, In His Image said:

I use this feature all the time. 

I can turn the auto sync on and off with one of the custom buttons. (long hold on the front leaver for me) It let's me select the destination, or no destination if I don't want it to sync. At the end of the day, or shooting, I select the device I want to send the photos to. Open the app on that device, and turn off the camera. It will then automatically transfer all the new photos to my device. 

It works great. I've got it synced up to my google photo account, so it does from my tablet, to the cloud, and I can view them on my phone, or can be automatically added to a shared album. 

I'm very happy with my purchase. 

Do you send the full res jpegs or the 3mp phone sized ones? I'm realizing I get inconsistent results still with that finding and the only way I can get it to work smooth and consistently is to send only the small phone sized versions.