Problems getting all image files from memory card

In addition to the X100V being a handy camera, I have encountered a strange problem several times: I have taken a lot of pictures and put the memory card in the computer but do not get all the pictures. About 80% - maybe -  and I see them ALL in the display on the camera but in the file manager in Windows (or Linux / Mac) I only get to a certain number and then it's over. However, if I connect the camera to the computer via USB cable, ALL image files are visible and can be transferred.

Has anyone encountered this and if so, what to do? FujiSupport has no answer to this question.

The memory cards are of the best quality Sandisk Extreme Pro 170 MB / s SDXC V30 I U3 C10 and work perfectly normally in my cameras such as Sony a6300 where no such problems are shown at all.

I only encountered this when the camera split the images between TWO or more folders.  Since I use Lightroom, when I select to upload from a memory card all I have to do is select the "UNTITLED" (as the memory card is never named), and select ALL FOLDERS.  If you are on a pc using the file system i wonder if you try Adobe Camera Raw (it's free) and try uploading there.  I can't imaging that Adobe Camera Raw is not available for a Windows machine.  Not sure if I've helped but please let us know.

I do remember a ways back where not all my image would show up because the computer was only looking at one specific folder and the images were split into two as I had reached the 9999 limit on one folder - so the camera created another folder.  

Does the X100V have two card slots?  If it does, maybe some of the images rolled over to the second card?  Just thinking out loud here to try and help you.

Good Luck!

There is a problem with MacOS (and probably some versions of Linux) where the computer won't read over 4096 files from an SD Card formatted as exFAT (from a Fujifilm camera).

IS the card over 32GB (i.e. formatted as exFAT)?

Do you have over 4096 files (raw + jpeg counts as two files)?

If you have access to a Mac try opening the card in Finder and click on one of the JPEGs to bring up Preview.

Now check and see if you have access to all the files.