Sluw

Fall pictures

How much red paint did you spend on that tree ? 

I was in the east of our country in October and they had the most spectacular colours there. But I was on a business trip and I had no time for a walk. On our end of the country, this year fall was a joke - the leaves stayed all green and then they fell off, just like that.

17 minutes ago, George_P said:

How much red paint did you spend on that tree ? 

I was in the east of our country in October and they had the most spectacular colours there. But I was on a business trip and I had no time for a walk. On our end of the country, this year fall was a joke - the leaves stayed all green and then they fell off, just like that.

I had to clean out the basement and there was that tree just waiting ... :)

The colors here were very different this year, the previous years they were mostly shades of orange-yellow, this year there were very few orange tinted trees anywhere. I think that red one is a sugar maple, the photos from the northeast where there are a lot of sugar maples have that same brilliant coloring.

Sometimes the trips are for your enjoyment, sometimes they are to remind you to take the gear with you.

16 hours ago, merlin said:

Amazing colors, Jerry!  The best out here are the golds of the aspens and cottonwoods in autumn, and the scrub oaks.

Those must be incredible sights to enjoy! How are the cottonwoods in the spring? Do they turn white from all of the floaters they set free?

ps. Stay safe, some of those roads are really rough when ice and snow covers them up.

The cottonwood leaves start out as a light minty green in early spring, and then darker green until the gold of late autumn.

Here a few of the aspens from a few years ago.

X30F3685_lzn-X3.jpg

X30F3684_lzn-X3.jpg

Edited by merlin