Fuji X-T4 Crashes every few seconds

Jarrod

I just received a brand new Fuji X-T4. I charged it, updated firmware, and checked the lens (XF 18 - 55mm) firmware, and everything is up to date.

The camera just repeatedly crashes now and it can only be fixed by removing the battery and putting it back in.

With some further testing, it almost seems like if I cover the view finder or tilt it the wrong way, it crashes... the screen goes black and I have to replace the battery again,

Any help would be appreciated. This is my first mirrorless and this isn't a great way to start the journey. On my old DSLR I never once had issues with the camera itself not working.

I'd also really prefer not to have to return it to get it fixed/replaced...

Okay, so I'm not sure if this is the only thing causing it to crash but I think most of the time the crashes are being caused by the EVF trying to turn on. I have never used mirrorless before so I didn't know about the EVF sensor. Whenever the sensor is triggered, whether by me trying to use the EVF, or because my finger briefly passes it, or because i hold the camera too close to my chest or something, the camera just crashed and i need to replace the battery.

Any ideas?