Tamerons 18-300 compete with 70-300 Fuji lens

SuperMentality

I would really love to get your ideas on the tameron lens that's supposed to come out next month I am really interested in the lens and I've been also I at 70 to 300 and I'm just a little curious as to how well the camera one will perform compared to that one, and if it would just make more sense to get a Tamron one a few prime lenses that way we can have both of both worlds. One to travel and one too take more decent pictures but what are you guys think what are you what do you think would be the future of the lenses

Edited by SuperMentality

• 2 weeks later...

I will be most impressed if the Tamron is as good as the Fuji 70-300. I use the Fuji 70-300 on my X-S10 and think it is brilliant. I also have a Fuji X100v to take out with me so if I need a wide angle I have the best of both worlds.

You clearly need to wait for some reviews of the Tamron lens to help you make your mind up.

• 2 months later...

18-300 is hardly the same as 70-300 . Because of the much greater range of the 18-300 I doubt very much that it would compare with the excellent image quality of the Fuji lens but surely the first decision is whether or not you need the 18-70 component