Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS X Mount

dv.

• 2 weeks later...

My delivery-guy visited me twice this week... got the shirt yesterday and the Samyang 2 hours ago... so of course I needed to replicate "some funny work" ;-)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

My delivery-guy visited me twice this week... got the shirt yesterday and the Samyang 2 hours ago... so of course I needed to replicate "some funny work" ;-)

So...Maybe I'll also replicate some funny work, hehe...

:D  Obviously I started a new trend :lol: :lol: :lol:

Feel free to post your FUJI X LOVE here: http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/415-fuji-x-love/    ;) 

Are you from Italy?

I just received my Samyang 12mm from foto-klik.si for €299 (I'm from the Netherlands, and the price is including shipping)

It's a camera shop in Ljubljana - Slovenia. Orders can be payed by Paypal. 

It's send by GLS with a great track & trace

I really recommend them considering this shipment

OH, and it comes with a free Samyang 67mm protection filter ! (not that I use one, but it's the thought .. )

link: http://www.foto-klik.si/en/lenses-for-fuji-x-mount/samyang-12mm-f/2.0-ncs-cs-fuji-black.html

Also send you a PM

The 12mm definately leverage interesting perspectives

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

My Rokinon 12mm finally arrived!!! Yeah!!!

I could not test it out much today but I was able to take a few shots.

I went past this beautiful tree near my house the other day, so today i took a detour and stopped there for a shot.  Funny thing that I thought I was far enough, where I would usually stop for the shot, and with the 12mm I was infact pretty far away.  I took the shot below from this place.  I did crop a bit the shot, and did some editing in LR.

19192165216_4544fe4637_c.jpgFXE25153.jpg by Marcelo Valente, on Flickr

Then I realized I had to get closer, if I wanted to fill the frame with the tree, and took this other shot:

18597752503_f1c92f026e_c.jpgFXE25156.jpg by Marcelo Valente, on Flickr

I actually should have gone closer, but the wife and kids were in the car waiting...so...some other time.

We went to the mall so I took some shots to test it out inside:

19030753970_6fcd7bae41_c.jpgFXE25163.jpg by Marcelo Valente, on Flickr

19032217899_439562232c_c.jpgFXE25162.jpg by Marcelo Valente, on Flickr

Last one was a stealth shot making of kind of.  The shot did not really come out that good. I did some cropping but this is in a really small elevator.  The possibilities...

19212459002_457816ba8f_c.jpgFXE25160.jpg by Marcelo Valente, on Flickr

Hello.  I have a question.  I was looking at my shots with the rokinon 12mm and the lens information does not show in the Exif.  I know that the lens has manual focus and can't send the aperture information either, but I thought that at least the lens information would be placed in the Exif.  Only the focal lenght is there because I included it manually in the camera.

Is there a way to add, in Lightroom, the lens information to the Exif?

Thank you.

So..I was doing another test shot with the Rokinon 12mm.  I decided to shoot out the window.  The shot below is straight out of the camera.  No editing.  ISO 3200, shutter at 1" and f/2.  Kind of handheld leaning against the window.  There is a black area on the top right.  That is a cross section of the net I have in my porch so the kids won't fall out.  You can also see it on the bottom left.

What do you think of the shot?  I was kind of impressed.  Not that good a shot really.  I should have done some straightening, but, I think it shows some cool possibilities. 

You might want to head over to flickr to see it larger.

19096746690_520793b14d_c.jpgFXE25204.jpg by Marcelo Valente, on Flickr

For all the "bokeh lovin' flower close-up guys" out there: ;)

Cause of its minimum focus distance of 0,2m and the f/2.0 this lens has huge potential for these kind of shots!!! I really love the bokeh of this little ultra-wide-angle!!!!

The shots are slightly edited jpeg snapshots without any perspective correction. (for full size click the image and choose original size on Flickr)

Hope you like it.

19109837330_55fb35a217_b.jpg

1689 by Kwyjibo Van De Kamp