Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS X Mount

dv.

Guest Ridgeback

NYC is a big melting pot... of course :):P

I have family in upstate NY, but they're Mohawk. I meant enough of them Mexi-cans to make bilingual signs compulsory. It's normal down here on the border but I find it strange up in NY. Down here a lot of folks don't even speak English ... and I don't mean people from Chihuahua.

A danger sign?

LOL

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's one from a few weeks back whilst in Zimbabwe...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone find this is loose in the fuji mount - I tried two different copies on my X-T1 and it was moving far too much in the mount. I am eager to find out if its different on the X-E2. Anyone have this issue??

Edited by Reactivestills

Does anyone find this is loose in the fuji mount - I tried two different copies on my X-T1 and it was moving far too much in the mount. I am eager to find out if its different on the X-E2. Anyone have this issue??

It's not an issue on my X-E2 (and I've tried a couple of copies of the lens). It will move a little if pushed passed the focus limits but it does require some force.

Jas

That's a tolerance-thing. The slot holes in the Samyang lenses seem to be a bit wider than Fujinon's. But even with Fujinon lenses, there are differences. With the XF27 and the XF18-55, I have almost no play, just a tiny amount that seems to come from the play the locking pin has in the camera sided mount. The XF55-200 moves a bit more, but it's acceptable. The XF100-400 however moves so far that it can temporarily lose the electrical connection. My 12/2 moves very noticeable, worst of all my lenses. But there are no electrical contacts, so I don't care. A little rotational movement around the lense's optical axis should have no influence on the image.

That's why I said that it is probably a tolerance problem. Some of the slot holes on the lenses (where the locking pin snaps in) are wider, some are narrower. The variation seems to be worse with Samyang, otherwise your's wouldn't be tight while mine is loose. But even the Fujinon lens mount parts seem to vary, as my four lenses are all different.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...