Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS X Mount

dv.

First time testing the 12mm to see how high I can fit something in the shot.  I was not very far from that building and was able to fit it in.  I'ts a bit cut because I wanted to align it better.  It's a 12 stories building.  I guess when I go to Spain in september I'll be able to fit anything in a shot, without having to walk a lot to do it!

19739160943_4c3e40e59d_c.jpgFXE26623.jpg by Marcelo Valente, on Flickr

Hello.  I have a question.  I was looking at my shots with the rokinon 12mm and the lens information does not show in the Exif.  I know that the lens has manual focus and can't send the aperture information either, but I thought that at least the lens information would be placed in the Exif.  Only the focal lenght is there because I included it manually in the camera.

Is there a way to add, in Lightroom, the lens information to the Exif?

Thank you.

Don't think anyone has answered this  :( 

If you use a Mac and want to edit the Exif before import try Exif Editor from the App Store.  If you want free and to use directly in LR the look for LensTagger which is a LR plugin (Mac & Windows).  Both are graphical front ends for the command line ExifTool.  You'll need to configure presets for your lenses. Oh, and make and Exif additions prior to keywording etc they as wipe these out  B)

Hope that's helpful.

Don't think anyone has answered this :(

If you use a Mac and want to edit the Exif before import try Exif Editor from the App Store. If you want free and to use directly in LR the look for LensTagger which is a LR plugin (Mac & Windows). Both are graphical front ends for the command line ExifTool. You'll need to configure presets for your lenses. Oh, and make and Exif additions prior to keywording etc they as wipe these out B)

Hope that's helpful.

Thanks for the answer. I'll test it out with the plugin

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Love my 12mm Rokinon lens as well...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/78021228@N00/15325113585/in/album-72157647499679939/

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from a family holiday... A couple with the 12mm.

Hi all - this is my first post here, and I thought I'd share some stuff from my Rokinon on my X-Pro1.

20336383732_033b8b24bc_h.jpgMovie Night in Sundance Square Plaza by Kevin Buchanan, on Flickr

20325657086_7369eeb851_h.jpgTabachin Ribbon at Night by Kevin Buchanan, on Flickr

20357992321_b7ebc4df9b_h.jpgMan with a Briefcase by Kevin Buchanan, on Flickr

19729205044_1d5ed489f2_h.jpgWings of the City, Burnett Park by Kevin Buchanan, on Flickr

20163785770_ac99abe538_h.jpgWings of the City, Burnett Park by Kevin Buchanan, on Flickr

19730875773_42feb977d1_h.jpgWings of the City, Burnett Park by Kevin Buchanan, on Flickr

20165082139_fcf84a723e_h.jpgSundance Square Carriage Ride by Kevin Buchanan, on Flickr

19853848154_c282dc7faa_h.jpgDallas Night Walk by Kevin Buchanan, on Flickr

20289849109_a1c87e34d3_h.jpgKeep Off by Kevin Buchanan, on Flickr

When 12mm are not wide enough, stitch 2 frames (Algarve, Portugal).

First photo is the panorama, the other is a native 12mm Samyang.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the answer. I'll test it out with the plugin

You can also just do it in the camera by going to the lens mount adapter setting and using one of the flexible presets (5&6) and set it to 12mm. That way they are marked right from the camera. Just the focal length is recorded so I well understand why you may want to mark things "properly" in the EXIF after the fact.

AMNH Hayden

I did a photo shoot for a client this weekend, and had an opportunity to use the Rokinon when I decided to have her stand in this elevator in an old warehouse (she has a background in mechanical sculpture, so it was a really nice setting).  It's tricky to use a lens like this on people, but it can really hit the spot in some cases:

21392868006_45f24a165b_h.jpgHolly - Photo Session by Kevin Buchanan, on Flickr

Hi,

all photos I have seen from this lens looks pretty cool. So I decided to buy one too. Unfortunately, I received probably bad piece and pictures are really bad (compared to fuji lenses). I agreed to to change to another piece, which is little better but still far from ok. I cannot persuade guys in photo store that this lens should have much better results :-( So at the end I will have to change it to Fuji 10-24mm and pay much more that I wanted to. 

Hi,

all photos I have seen from this lens looks pretty cool. So I decided to buy one too. Unfortunately, I received probably bad piece and pictures are really bad (compared to fuji lenses). I agreed to to change to another piece, which is little better but still far from ok. I cannot persuade guys in photo store that this lens should have much better results :-( So at the end I will have to change it to Fuji 10-24mm and pay much more that I wanted to.

Can you share some examples?