XPro3 image preview not working with OVF

Hello,

All of a sudden, the image preview function (to preview the image just shot) stopped working when using the optical viewfinder. (Works fine with the EVF).

Has anybody had this problem before? Anything I can do short of sending it back?

Many thanks!

Hani 

• 1 month later...

I think you mean the Image Display function that allows you to review the image after you've taken it? First of all, the image is usually only displayed on the back LCD panel, not in the viewfinder regardless of OVF or EVF. If and if so for how long it will be displayed is a setting in the SET UP/SCREEN SET UP menu. From OFF, via 0.5s and 1.5s to Continuous, meaning until you half press the shutter release button according the manual.

There's a catch though. When you have the view mode of the viewfinder set to 'eye sensor' and take your eye away from the viewfinder to view the LCD and you move back to the viewfinder, the image display also disappears as if you half pressed the shutter release button. The second catch is that only when you've disabled the LCD in the view mode, the Image Display will be in the view finder, regardless whether in OVF or EVF mode. In that situation the eye sensor doesn't act as a half press of the shutter release button.

I suggest that you take some tests with the Image Display set to Continuous and varying between EVF and OVF as well as the view mode of the VF/LCD. You may have changed a setting that leads to the unexpected behavior. 

11 hours ago, Herco said:

I think you mean the Image Display function that allows you to review the image after you've taken it? First of all, the image is usually only displayed on the back LCD panel, not in the viewfinder regardless of OVF or EVF. If and if so for how long it will be displayed is a setting in the SET UP/SCREEN SET UP menu. From OFF, via 0.5s and 1.5s to Continuous, meaning until you half press the shutter release button according the manual.

There's a catch though. When you have the view mode of the viewfinder set to 'eye sensor' and take your eye away from the viewfinder to view the LCD and you move back to the viewfinder, the image display also disappears as if you half pressed the shutter release button. The second catch is that only when you've disabled the LCD in the view mode, the Image Display will be in the view finder, regardless whether in OVF or EVF mode. In that situation the eye sensor doesn't act as a half press of the shutter release button.

I suggest that you take some tests with the Image Display set to Continuous and varying between EVF and OVF as well as the view mode of the VF/LCD. You may have changed a setting that leads to the unexpected behavior. 

Thanks for your message! I always have the back LCD panel on my XPro3 closed, so I didn’t think it would do any previews. But I’ll check the settings of the view mode VF/LCD and do some tests. Thanks again.

• 2 years later...