Nikon?Fuji XT-1 Adapter

Scottie

I, practically, use my XT-1 all the time but have retained my wonderful Nikon D3. This is, mainly, due to my also having the marvellous Nikon 24mm PC-E Tilt and Shift Lens.

There are, I think, some Landscape scenes which can only be fully realised by using the T&S Lens as well as some architecture shots.

I, speculatively, bought a Novoflex Adapter. However, although it fitted reasonably well into the Fuji I had to use far too much torque when trying to fit the Nikon lens into it. The tooling was, at least on this particular adapter, very poor. I had to send it back.

So :-

a) Am I chasing a flight of fancy in trying to adapt the lens to my Fuji?

B) Would a far better option be to just lug my DSLR across moorland/stiles and rivers on an aging back and legs?

c) Has anyone achieved the adaption of T&S or other Nikon lenses successfully?

You have obviously considered the fact that your 24mm wouldn’t be all that much of a wide-angle on the fuji system since it will turn into a 35mm equivalent ( or thereabouts) so the advantages in using that particular lens are more limited than originally intended to be.

I am not so sure what the problem with the lens and that adapter was but if you needed using so much torque to couple your lens on the novoflex adapter there must have been something not very good going on.

I have had a looked around on line to see if others have found a successful combination of this lens and this camera and it appears that it has happened before and this forum member @rdelbar appears to have used it successfully

Thanks for taking the trouble Milandro.

I do realise that I wouldn't get the full facility of the lens but,I often use the lens in more constricted areas, so 35mm wouldn't be too bad.

I had thought about the "Speed Booster". The price is significant, and I would have to feel reasonably confident that it works.

Once again, my thanks!

I, practically, use my XT-1 all the time but have retained my wonderful Nikon D3. This is, mainly, due to my also having the marvellous Nikon 24mm PC-E Tilt and Shift Lens.

There are, I think, some Landscape scenes which can only be fully realised by using the T&S Lens as well as some architecture shots.

I, speculatively, bought a Novoflex Adapter. However, although it fitted reasonably well into the Fuji I had to use far too much torque when trying to fit the Nikon lens into it. The tooling was, at least on this particular adapter, very poor. I had to send it back.

So :-

a) Am I chasing a flight of fancy in trying to adapt the lens to my Fuji?

B) Would a far better option be to just lug my DSLR across moorland/stiles and rivers on an aging back and legs?

c) Has anyone achieved the adaption of T&S or other Nikon lenses successfully?

Hey Scottie,

I don't think you will have aperture control on your PC-E lens due to it's electronically controlled aperture.