ccguy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm trying to shoot with flash using a Godox 2.4GHz pair & strobe lights I've successfully used before; however, my only options in my flash menu settings are Manual & OFF. The button on the transmitter works with the receiver, but trying to use flash with the X-T4 has been unsuccessful. Are there any other settings that need to be enabled so it recognizes TTL/my hot shoe mount? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Théotim
      Hi all !
      After updating via app (1.23) my brand new x-t4 (work like a charm with 1.22 firmware) the EVF doesn't work at all now and if i try to switch to the EVF view every thing goes black and the camera get stuck like that forever... Even if i try to reboot it, the only option is to plug out/plug in the battery. Impossible to go back to the previous firmware (what a shame on a 2000€ camera). I'm very frustrated my camera is unusable... I update again the firmware with the classic SD option, the process finish the update without a problem but the problem persist cannot do anything with it now. If the camera go sleep... Stucked. If the eye sensor is activated for the EVF... Stucked. If i try to shutdown the camera... Stucked. 
      Thank you in advance.
      Best regard.
    • By R3D
      Hi All,

Hope that some encountered that problem before and can help.
      I get my X-T4 a few weeks ago with FW 1.17 and it seemed to work correctly but just for the sake of having most up-to-date version I updated to 1.22). 
      After the update my fav view mode ([EYE SENSOR] + [LCD IMAGE DISP.]) is corrupted. It essentially keeps the LCD on whenever eye is away from EVF.
      Image preview is set 1.5 sec and is displayed correctly only on LCD screen. I set the LCD do info screen but it's not really how I'd like to have it working. 
      I was hoping that 1.23 will fix it but unfortunately no change after yesterday's release. 
      Thank you in advance! 
      R. 

• By Danstall
      Hello,

Totally new to photography. Got an XT4 as entry point wanting to learn.
      As a starting point I've just used everything on auto. Set stills to highest quality (but not using RAW).

When I take film, it's awesome great quality, just what I'd expect. If I take a still of the same scene the results are totally different. Colours way less vivid, almost washed out and cropping loses quality quickly, like it's way lower res. 
      I've scoured the internet for what I'm doing wrong - but I'm out of my depth very quickly. I was just expecting 'decent' images with everything auto. Most tutorials I've watched don't really explore everything auto.
      Using a Fujion XF 18-55mm Lens.
      Any guidance on where to start?

Many thanks!
      PC
    • By Rajan
      The EF-X8 Flash with XT3 can be used as commander to trigger off camera flash. The manual and Flash selling official websites say that. The settings or procedure is nowhere explained.  Can somebody please explain.

• By findjerry
      I'm been searching for a quality dummy battery for my X-T4 and this is the first one I've seen for sale by a reputable vendor. 
      Has anyone tried this?
      https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1600608-REG/gyrovu_gv_dtap_w235_d_tap_to_fujifilm_np_w235.html
    • After upgrading my iPhone to IOS 15 the Cam Remote app fails to connect to the camera (X100V). Re-installed the app - no change. Anyone with the same issue, and hopefully a solution?
    • No, perhaps I was not clear. Just about the only thing that keeps you from using es is having a flash unit attached. I regularly use electronic shutter with very long exposures when I am outdoors, it saves wear and tear on the mechanical shutter. So something else is going on. Try a full reset and see if that clears it up as well as making sure you have the latest firmware installed. Having tethering would be nice, but Fujifilm seems to have saved that for the X-T3, X-T4, etc.
    • Ah, that's probably what it is then - I'm using a slow exposure and no flash. I just have the 1st and 3rd options on my menu. I bought a mirrorless camera because I thought it would be better than my dslrs but it's pretty useless for what I wanted it for. No live view/tethering  And can't even use the electronic shutter  Yet I can take a 4k video. It doesn't make sense that I can do that but can't take a still.  Louise  
    • That is odd, there are very few other settings that limit using es. Having a flash unit attached is one, but I would have thought that would also keep you from using ms+es. Mines does this: Have you upgraded to the most recent firmware? This may sound drastic, have you copied you settings down somewhere and tried a full reset?
    • Thanks for the reply. I don't have that choice in my x-t30 menu  It's just MS or ES/MS with ES for fast exposures i.e. 1/4000s Louise