unable to customize function dial?!

Pete xs10

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Everyone,

Just brought a new x-s10 home yesterday and am trying to  get everything set up. I seem unable to set the left hand function dial to anything other than default, default(w exp com in M), and None. With all of the other buttons, I have a full menu of options to choose from to customize, but not on this dial. This seems contrary to what the guide says. So I'm stuck with film simulation or nothing on this dial?!

thanks for any help!

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

That's kinda funny because I made the same mistake. So to answer it you just scroll to the second page there you will find the difference settings. The one things I saw was a issue with the scenes dial, last time I checked, it does not move the scenes in that mode.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I agree with all that's been said above, hence my decision to buy XS10 rather than XT4. The reputation of Pentax was that if it got covered in mud you could wash it under a running tap. I never tried that but was happy to use it in briefly in heavy rain and desert sandstorms and never had a problem. I wouldn't be that confident in such circumstances without weather sealing and would use poly bag and chamois even in less extreme conditions. It's often the small doors covering SD slots, batteries etc that aren't sealed, and some times cable and microphone or remote shutter sockets have no cover at all. Sealing a pop-up flash isn't easy either. Worth protecting those points if you're out in weather you want to protect yourself from.  
    • https://fujifilm-dsc.com/en-int/manual/x-t30/menu_shooting/shooting_setting/index.html Scroll down to Shutter Type. It is in the shooting menus setup, you can choose between manual shutter, electronic shutter or both together.
    • Hi all I have been trying to use my x-t30 with the electronic shutter but not having much success  As it's a mirrorless camera I thought it would be straightforward! But there appears to be no way to manually select it (only combined ms/es). I've set it to auto with 1/125s exposure. I'm using a hand-held wired shutter release. I'm sure it was working before I updated the firmware to 1.40 a while back but I confess I haven't really used it since. Am I missing something or is there any way around this issue? At the same time, I can take short video clip and it's fine - surely I must be able to take a still? Thanks for any suggestions Louise
    • Downloaded it last night.  Quick open shows it DOES handle my .RAF files quite well.  Now for the "Learning Curve".  :)
    • It's not really a sensor cleaning that is performed. What the camera does when this option is switched on, every time you switch on/off your camera there's an ultra sonic vibration that 'shakes' dust particles off the sensor. It's an ultrasonic sound pulse so to speak. The dust particles are not removed from or collected inside the camera, so essentially they can return. This option is not an alternative for incidental sensor cleaning using a swab and some cleaning gel (to be performed by an experienced service employee). Best is to avoid dust inside the camera: don't leave the mount exposed for more time than necessary to switch lenses. Don't touch the sensor and don't use a blower to remove dust from inside the camera (you just blow in more dust).