Hot Pixels

Has anyone here dealt with hot / stuck pixels on a GFX camera? Just purchased the camera from someone reputable on Fred Miranda and immediately noticed hot pixels all over the image. I did the pixel remapping and it seems to have helped. Should I still be worried about anything? Is this normal? 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 3 months later...

I've had this issue as well with my GFX 100s, seems like when the sensor gets hot it starts to collect what are called 'hot pixels' similar to stuck pixels. i've reached out to fuji and they say just run a pixel remap and that its totally normal. my issue is, i work on set with this camera, so its on and working for up to 10 hours a day for many days. remapping it every day isn't really ideal. since, from what i read. a remap is just filling in those hot or stuck pixels. seems less than i deal to me. so now what. i have a 96 mp camera?

@olfa w. i can understand how noise would be thought of here. but its too random to be noise, and its always there, shot to shot, once you see those hot or stuck pixels they're there. until a remap.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Well as I mentioned above I was about to order a 100s.  I did.  It's FANTASTIC, but it does experience some hot pixels.  Not too many, but that was only after 5-6 months of (everyday) use.  I was away in the Yukon and Alaska for 53 days and with over 9,000 raw files I did notice some dead/hot pixels.  

Not sure what I'm going to do other than re-map.  

• 1 month later...

GFX 100S - Tomatoes / tomahtoes, I call 'em "dead pixels." In any case, they're all over the frame. I marked a couple dozen of them on this image, only because I ran out of patience to continue. They're in shadows, highlights and everything in-between. However, they're one pixel in size, and not visible on 24" prints, even when only about half the frame is printed. BUT, I don't like it, and still don't have even one dead pixel on my 12-yr-old Phase One IQ-160 back.

What is "pixel remapping," and how do you do it?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 10 months later...

I’ve just dropped mine in for Fuji to take a look at my hot pixel problem. I mostly use the camera tethered in the studio and have had this problem since the camera was new. At first I was okay with mapping (from the camera menu) or using Capture one to reduce noise. It’s such a problem now I’ve given up using the camera. I’ve never had an issue like this with my PhaseOne IQ380 or any D850 I’ve used. 
my GFX100s is still within the warranty so hopefully they can fix this for good. I don’t think it’s acceptable to have to spend hours in post fixing this, it’s a 8€k camera! Maybe not as expensive as the PhaseOne but it’s a very expensive camera just sitting in a case having been abandoned. I was thinking of trading up to the mark 2 but not until they can do something with my camera. I’d hate to trade up and pass this issue onto someone else. Does anyone have any experience of Fuji repairs fixing this issue for them?

• 3 weeks later...

I currently have my GFX100s camera in to the Fuji repair shop in Canada but I hear they redirect everything to a central North American one in the US.  (Which might explain part of why there is a delay in getting a diagnostic.). The answer so far is that they want to charge me $400 to do a "more advanced" pixel mapping than is available on the firmware mapping.  If that doesn't work then they recommend a sensor replacement but have not quoted that price yet.

I have liked everything about the GFX100s (almost everything) until this started getting worse.  I usually only see it in portrait work when I'm working in more moody, low key setting - which unfortunately is a style I like to work on.  I can see the problem going back to six months after I bought the camera but it was not as strong and I treated it as typical bad pixel mapping.  Except that was only a temporary fix.

I'm also reluctant to replace the sensor since the last one barely made it a year.