Х system become very expensive

Aleksandr_m.f

Friends, i have used fujifilm cameras many years, love them very much, but new 18 1.4 /23 1.4 / 33 1.4 , will cost near 1000$

In past i have choosed fujifilm because it was cheaper, but now you can buy nikon z or sony 7c with sigma lenses and it will costs like the same, dose it ok - crop system costs like some full frame systems?, now i use Fujidilm h1 and love it, and wanted to buy H2 but rummors tells it will costs near 2500 it is too much isnt it?

Sorry for my english, it is not my language

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The 50mm/f1.0 is even $1,500… 

First, I advise you to move this thread to General Discussion in the news forum. It is less about photos and more generic Fuji.

I fully agree that the newer Fuji cameras and lenses become increasingly expensive. That is a general trend in the market. A Sony A1 of $6,500 was unthinkable 5 years ago… Next to all sorts of resource issues (chip shortage, transport issues, rare earth metals…) we see price increases, due to declining markets. The camera market (compact + interchangeable lens) declined by 90% between 2010 and 2020. So R&D and manufacturing costs need to be spread over a smaller number of cameras and lenses.

However, we also see full-frame cameras going down-market. Priced right into aps-c territory. The costs of the image sensor make up less of the overall costs compared to 5y ago. Only the very new, high-res BSI sensors remain pricey, but the basic 24mp full-frame sensor is more or less the same priced compared to a 24/26mp aps-c sensor.

You can argue whether a Sony A7C or a Nikon Z5 is as good overall as an X-T4, but if you value the benefits of full-frame, now is the time to move. For me, the Fujifilm sweetspot is the compact lines (X-S10, X-T30, X-E4…) and the smaller lenses (f2 primes and budget zooms). The fast primes, red badge zooms, X-T4 and later on X-H2 are indeed in full-frame territory and esp. interesting for those who are very Fuji-minded.

Edited by Herco