View finder/glasses

Greetings one and all,

New to Fuji cameras.  Looking at either x-s10 or t-3 with 18-55 or 16-80 lenses.  I wear glasses and would like to know from those that have used these cameras which view finder works best.  I don’t have a store near by to put my hands on one soon.  Your input is greatly appreciated.

TIA

Ron

I have an X-T2 and wear glasses. Zero issues with the EVF, imagine the T3 would be marginally improved, I don’t know on S10, sorry.

One additional piece of information, the EVF has two settings: one where the image has a small border with the settings data displayed outside of the image and one with a larger image with settings displayed on the image. I find the former less distracting though it may also minimize the issue with glasses.

David

I find that the viewfinder cup that is supplied with the X-T3 is not suitable for use with glasses as the eye relief is not sufficient. I use the older, smaller 'flat' version which works well and I can see the whole evf using it. I think it is called the EC-XT S.

Hi, Ron.

I also wear glasses and chose the X-S10 as my first Fuji camera. (I have shot Pentax for many years). One of my first concerns in mirrorless cameras was using the EVF versus the Pentax OVF. I haven't used my new Fuji enough to definitively say I'm good with the EVF, but so far, so good. I do like how the screen and EFV toggle on/off as your eye approaches the eyecup.

You might want to check out the following for a comparison of the X-S10 versus the X-T3.

https://cameradecision.com/compare/Fujifilm-X-S10-vs-Fujifilm-X-T3

Good luck!

rickc

There's quite a big difference in terms of the EVF between the X-T3 and the X-S10. The latter not only uses an older design OLED as EVF with less pixels (2.36m dots versus 3.69m dots in the X-T3) but also has a much smaller magnification factor (0.62x versus 0.75x for the X-T3). Finally the eye-point of the X-S10 is 17.5mm versus 23mm for the X-T3. The result is that the X-T3 has a much larger, brighter and detailed viewfinder that is easier for users who wear glasses. The higher the magnification and eyepoint values, the better for those who wear glasses.