XF35mmF2 Announcement Date Unveiled!

Patrick FR

...which, ironically, is a bit like complaining about the people complaining don’t you think? The one you do is also a complaint for its own sake since if you don’t wish to complain what does it matter to you if others do?

I am all for the new lens and I have no set ideas on whether it will be better, just as good or not. I even like its looks (on the X-T10 better than the X-T1 now that I’ve seen it mouthed on the camera) with a definite preference for the silver version on a silver body.

The black version of the lens on the X-T1 body that I’ve found on line in that picture looks ugly to me.

In this picture looks just a little better but it is obvious( to me) that the aesthetics of this lens weren’t based on it being the ideal companion for the X-T1

Of course ugly might be the new beautiful!

The bigger irony is that by complaining about what "umad?" was complaining about, you are complaining. And yes, I too am complaining. Cheers, "milandro."

if you re-read the post you see that you got the sequence of complaints wrong. I was the first to complain about its looks and got the usual flack for simply giving my opinion ( that the lens looks ugly is not “ hate” just my view, isn’t a forum a place where people discuss their views?) which, according to some one shouldn’t voice.. . (why?).

So I can’t complain about the looks but they can complain about me complaining? 

:rolleyes:

These are the two new lens hoods, each giving a completely different look to the lens

pic_03.jpg

The looks of the lens with the larger of the two hoods are radically improved even on the X-T1, so I have no more complaints about its look in this configuration.

22318585241_73be33c3bb_b.jpg

The looks with the  small lens hood are not as nice, in fact I find it positively ugly ( my opinion)  obviously this was made necessary from the need to not be in the way of the optical viewfinder on the X-Pro-2 to come 

21670892390_8d4b00a2ea_b.jpg

if you re-read the post you see that you got the sequence of complaints wrong. I was the first to complain about its looks and got the usual flack for simply giving my opinion ( that the lens looks ugly is not “ hate” just my view, isn’t a forum a place where people discuss their views?) which, according to some one shouldn’t voice.. . (why?).

I was just being facetious. Yes, the vented hood is the way to go; looks like the hood of Voigtlander VM 'Nokton' Classic. If you fancy to see, here is a picture of mine on X-T1: https://flic.kr/p/zXFgNM

Cheers.