Another thought on the X-Pro 2

I was walking around with my x-pro 1 and 23mm 1.4 the other day using the OVF and it occurred to me, there is literally like 4 lenses that don't block the view of the OVF. The 23mm blocks a pretty large patch of the view as well. If Fuji was legitimately serious about releasing a second x-pro, would there not be a road map for more compact lenses? They seem to be trending in the other direction, which makes me think:

A) The X-Pro 2 will be EVF only - like a pro X-E body.

B) The X-Pro 2 is still a fair way off.

C) Fuji is content with providing a 28mm, a 40mm and 2 50mm equivalents to people that use the OVF, which is predominantly street photographers.

The different battery sizes, the different Fn buttons, the different Q menu capabilities, the different hardware controls. Sorry to say but Fuji has, in best Microsoft manner, created a user interface nightmare with the various cameras.

I'm leaving for a long weekend and refuse to take the X100T as a second body because I just can't be bothered by all the differences in use. Just taking the X-T1 with 14 and 35mm lenses and my wife takes an X-E2 with 18-55 and 56. Same batteries and chargers, filters and same lenses usable on both. Still different usage, but not as different as the X100T. 

When I'm back I'm going to sell the X100T and TCL as I'm just fed up with the idiosyncrasy of the system. Still thinking whether I keep the rest, but so far it looks like it, even though I'm not very happy with Fuji.

Who's saying Fuji isn't gonna make a compact 23?

There are Fuji Pro's out there shooting the 16 on the X-Pro 1 and this is the first time I've ever heard anyone complain about seeing the barrel in the OVF...

Just as a side note, I can grab any one of my 5 rangefinder film cameras and I can see the barrel of the lens in the OVF of every single one of them (that includes the compact P&S XA), and all but one are a fixed lens RF...

I was walking around with my x-pro 1 and 23mm 1.4 the other day using the OVF and it occurred to me, there is literally like 4 lenses that don't block the view of the OVF. The 23mm blocks a pretty large patch of the view as well. If Fuji was legitimately serious about releasing a second x-pro, would there not be a road map for more compact lenses? They seem to be trending in the other direction, which makes me think:

C) Fuji is content with providing a 28mm, a 40mm and 2 50mm equivalents to people that use the OVF, which is predominantly street photographers.

Yes, your observation is correct, the 23mm f/1.4 does block a portion of the OVF. But so what?

You can't manually focus with the OVF anyway. The OVF is just a gimmick. Use it if the sun is too bright and you can't see clearly through the EVF, or you want to feel like investigating a crime scene and want that additional old-school feeling of the OVF. That's it. Don't worry about the OVF.

Fuji should really spend some resources of getting the OVF damn straight right, I mean that you can the OVF to check focus. Like in the old days. Manually. If not, it's stays what it is: a gimmick.

Considering the success of the 100t, I'd have to agree that the X-Pro 2 will most likely have the HVF.  Which is a bonus.

However I really like the VF on the S and Pro1 better.  But that's just a personal preference really.  You can just use the OVF instead and get the benefits of the HVF when you want it.

While you were wondering I was wondering if FUJI would find a way to fix the OVF issue.

I wonder if there is a way to incorporate some of the DSLR technology without creating that hump. Some sort of miniaturized through the lens Reflex system. Some FUJI magic :)  

Pretty far fetched I suppose.

[quote name="Sidtw" post="13836" timestamp="14449248

Fuji should really spend some resources of getting the OVF damn straight right, I mean that you can the OVF to check focus. Like in the old days. Manually. If not, it's stays what it is: a gimmick.

I think too many people compare it to a true rangefinder where its more like a modern Contact G2.