Manual exposure in video mode and auto ISO, lowest ISO is 640

Frank2

Hi Fuji X-S10 owners.
I am using the video mode of the X-S10. I have set manual exposure.  Shutter speed is 1/60 as I film with 30fps. I have set auto ISO. Dynamic range is set to 100%. Whatever I do the lowest ISO possible is always 640. I can set 160 manually, but 640 seems to be the lower limit for auto ISO. This is a problem in bright light. I use the current firmware. There are now configurable auto ISO modes like in photography. 

Is there a trick to get lower ISOs in video with auto ISO?

Best regards 

Frank

Hazarding a guess to help… check your Auto ISO settings.

You could see 640 in two places. Your base ISO could be set to 640 which could cause the behavior you are seeing. Alternatively, if your max is set to 640, then your camera will show the maximum ISO (640) until you half press the shutter when it will calculate the actual exposure (and show the actual ISO in use).

Hope that helps,

David

Thank you for your answer David.

The Problem is that the x-S10 has an own ISO auto mode in video. This auto mode cannot be configured. The auto modes 1..3 for photos have this config option and are all set to 160 as base ISO on my camera. Also pressing the button halve way down doesn’t show a lower ISO than 640. 

12 hours ago, Frank2 said:

Today I found the setting with this side effect:
It was caused by the  natural live view setting. If I activate this feature, then the lowest auto ISO in video is 640.

As I mentioned in your other post I don't think the natural live view setting actually limits the video minimum ISO - but it does limit what is shown in the live view on the screen when you half press the shutter button.

This is different from using F-log or DR400 where the minimum ISO is actually limited in the video clip. 

Yes Greybeard, this is correct. If I record a video the ISO is set down to 160 after a second. But the first recorded second is overexposed. So it is to a certain degree working. I would have expected that at least half pressing the shutter button would have shown 160. But it is not a problem for me.

2 hours ago, Frank2 said:

Yes Greybeard, this is correct. If I record a video the ISO is set down to 160 after a second. But the first recorded second is overexposed. So it is to a certain degree working. I would have expected that at least half pressing the shutter button would have shown 160. But it is not a problem for me.

I have tried taking multiple video clips - on a tripod, same subject and identical lighting - both with and without natural live view and I don't notice any difference