Capture One Pro 8 Film Simulations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well done for posting these been using them for about a year now and they are great.

I find its also worth changing the name of the profile to include a number ie 0 Provia 1 Astia, if you want them to show up in the same order as they do on the camera in Capture 1.

Just a little trick I have found useful.

Lets hope that we can persuade Scotty to do some for the new Sensor X-Pro2/X-T2 :)

G

Edited by gordonrussell76

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

Working great on Windows 7 too with Capture Pro 9.1.1 Express (For Sony) (64-bit)

As someone mentioned, to find your camera's filename to rename the icc files, just visit C:\Program Files\Phase One\Capture One 9\Color Profiles\DSLR to find how other files there are named for your specific camera. For Windows users, ignore those files starting with "._" as those are just Mac OSX system preference files.

Possible to use this in Lightroom as well?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

got a small issues with the profiles and Capture One Pro 9.2.

Downloaded the latest version Scottie Wang posted on dpreview.com (here), renamed them to match my X-T1 and copied them to ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles.

Everything works perfectly but when I'm trying to set Provia as the standard for the X-T1 I get an error message all the time ("ICC profile not found"). What do I have to do?

Is there a way to apply an ICC profile to all images on import?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ feckintosh: thank you very much for your hint.

You wrote: "If you use these sims as user defined styles, rather than camera profiles, ,,,,," (to be used in Capture One). 

All Fuji filmsimulations are currently stored in my Win7 Environment as  ICC Profiles in  > Capture One 8 > Color Profiles > DLSR Folder.

My Question: in which (Capture One 8) Folder do I have to store those filmsimuIation ICC Profiles to get:  "...then hovering the mouse will show a preview"?

I'm a little bit familiar with Capture One 8 user defind styles..

Regards

Hilltopnet

To the best of my knowledge (I might be wrong) only "STYLES" can be instantly previewed with mouse hoover. In my Win7 setup that's what I get. In fact i have a questions regarding the ICC Profiles and Styles:

I really cant understand the technical and final results differences between CaptureOne's ICC profiles/ DSLR profiles and CaptureOne's own "Styles".. I guess with all of these we can achieve the same which is the tones and parameters variations. I just dont understand what the core differences are. I'd love to understand this better!

Thanks much:)

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, thanks so much for these, they are awesome. To install on windows you need to copy the ICC profiles to Users/yourusername/AppData/Local/CaptureOne/Color Profiles; this is the path in Windows 10, it might be different in earlier versions but Capture one/Color Profiles folder will still be inside Users/yourusername/AppData folder. BTW AppData folder is a hidden folder so you need to enable view hidden files and folders in Windows

• 2 months later...

@dfallsfilm:

This profiles are not from adobe.

I like to quote an aswer of scottie wang, who did this awesome Job:

"I always download source RAW from imaging-resource. They always have quality shots and it's totally free.

For my profiling process, I use three commercial software listed below.

1.PICTOCOLOR INCAMERA : for ICC profiling (32bit photoshop needed)

support chart->http://www.pictocolor.com/incamera.htm

2.PICTOCOLOR EditLab Pro : for profile fine tune

3.Babel Color Patchtool : color matrix Extraction

process in brief

step1.Use Patchtool to extract your OOC picture , the extracted file need further editing to get the right matrix text format.

step2.Open the souce RAW, set ICC to "Adobe RGB 1998", use C1PRO to export 16bit TIFF.

*I always export in Adobe RGB. If I wanna do ARGB->SRGB color conversion, I would do it in photoshop.

step3.Open file from step 2 in photoshop, run INCAMERA plugin and include file from step 1 to extract the ICC

step4.Use EditLab Pro to fine tune ICC ,and it's done

There is indeed some freeware for ICC profiling. (COCA, Argyll...)

I believe there must be some way using these freeware to get the same results as mine.

But I didn't spend lots time on it, maybe you can try them by yourself."

I cannot. So i am very grateful someone did.

The profiles work very good for me. I compared with ooc images (Same RAW) and noticed just very little differences. Very little.

Hi fleckintosh

Which did you work with Mac or Windows?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...