Capture One Pro 8 Film Simulations

Sorry, I've sent my previous Post to the wrong Person

@ adzman808: thank you very much for your hint.

You wrote: "If you use these sims as user defined styles, rather than camera profiles, ,,,,," (to be used in Capture One). 

All Fuji filmsimulations are currently stored in my Win7 Environment as  ICC Profiles in  > Capture One 8 > Color Profiles > DLSR Folder.

My Question: in which (Capture One 8) Folder do I have to store those filmsimuIation ICC Profiles to get:  "...then hovering the mouse will show a preview"?

I'm a little bit familiar with Capture One 8 user defind styles..

Regards

Hilltopnet

HOW TO MAKE THE HOVER CURSOR WORK

1. Rename the files to your camera model!!! For Sony A7ii for example I had to change "FujiXT1-Velvia sRGB.icc" to "A7M2-Velvia sRGB.icc"

(in order to find out the exact prefix label C1 uses for your camera (in my case "A7M2", let the curser hover over the generic or standard ICC profile in C1. It will then display path and filename

2. Copy these renamed files to  ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles     (mac)

3. Reboot computer (just restarting C1 won't do)

The new profiles now automatically show up under your camera and letting the cursor hover over the name will show the effect instantaneously

THANKS AGAIN TO SCOTTIE AND FLECKINTOSH !!!

It is better to place profiles into ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/ folder (you can add subfolder here for clarity – I use Cameras subfolder for example). If you copy them into Capture One application folder as suggested, they will be removed during application update probably.

If you don't know, what is the proper filename for your camera, you can find its generic profile in mentioned folder Capture One/Contents/Frameworks/AppCore.framework/Resources/Profiles/Input. For Fuji X, these prefixes are used:

• FujiX100-
  • FujiX100s-
  • FujiX100T-
  • FujiXA1-
  • FujiXA2-
  • FujiXE1-
  • FujiXE2-
  • FujiXF1-
  • FujiXM1-
  • FujiXPro1-
  • FujiXQ1-
  • FujiXT1-
  • FujiXT10-

So for example, if you want to make Provia profile visible for X100S in Capture One, rename FujiXT1-Provia sRGB.icc file to FujiX100s-Provia sRGB.icc.

Best regards

Michal Krause

Hi Michal

i did it like you metioned but the fly over with the mouse did not work on my computer

so i found the solution to put it in the Capture one folder directly and it works.......

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, Thank you for posting these profiles.  I cannot get them to work in CO Pro 9.  Is this a known issue?

I had some trouble, don't really know what was the cause.

Anyway, please check your path where you put your profiles, for Windows 7 x64 it should be something like that:

C:\Program Files\Phase One\Capture One 9\Color Profiles\DSLR

Please check if you have additional files with filenames starting with "._" and of much smaller size (less then 1 KB).

For example I had:

FujiXT1-Pro Neg Standard sRGB.icc (457 kB)

And an additional file:

._FujiXT1-Pro Neg Standard sRGB.icc (496 B)

I'm not sure where it came from, I've probably copied it from previously used CaptureOne 8 version.

If you have these files starting with "._" - please delete them.

I had some trouble, don't really know what was the cause.

Anyway, please check your path where you put your profiles, for Windows 7 x64 it should be something like that:

C:\Program Files\Phase One\Capture One 9\Color Profiles\DSLR

Please check if you have additional files with filenames starting with "._" and of much smaller size (less then 1 KB).

For example I had:

FujiXT1-Pro Neg Standard sRGB.icc (457 kB)

And an additional file:

._FujiXT1-Pro Neg Standard sRGB.icc (496 B)

I'm not sure where it came from, I've probably copied it from previously used CaptureOne 8 version.

If you have these files starting with "._" - please delete them.

Thank you for trying to help.  I actually use a mac and have placed the files in the suggested folder in the first page.  

Can someone also explain why there are different profiles for aRGB and sRGB?  Much thanks

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I use them in Capture One Pro 9 on OS X almost without problems (only small issue is that sometimes switching profile takes really long time, but my Mac is quite old and this problem occured in C1 8 too).

Michal Krause

Michal Krause, I'm having this issue with Capture One Pro 9 as well. The beach ball spins forever trying to select a profile.

Fleckintosh, thanks so much for sharing these and thanks to Scottie Wang. Do you happen to know if it's possible to get these working right in C1 Pro 9?

I've got a Mac Mini with a Core i7 2GHz processor and 16GB of RAM, so I don't think hardware is should be an issue for me...but perhaps...

Edited by ubercurious

Ok, Just following up to my last post - if you just let the beach ball spin in C1 9, eventually it will apply the profile in question. I had to backup and just install one, and try that. Not sure what will happen when I install the rest, but I'll update this thread once I've tried that.

Whatever you do - DO NOT FORCE QUITE C1 while it's doing it's thing. Just let it process the profile for the first time until it's done.

Edited by ubercurious

Hi guys!

I tweaked some of the Scottie Wang profiles so that they are more in tune to the OOC sRGB jpgs of my X-Pro1. I used the CaptureOne 9 color editor, so they are fully C1 v9 compatible.

The XT1 sRGB versions were the most similar so I took them as base profiles, but all of them needed some tweaking. My Provia profile is based on his ProNegStd profile as Provia & ProNegStd have the same contrast curves (his Provia simulation was too dark in the shadows).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74627717/camerastuff/FujiXPro1-Provia.icc

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74627717/camerastuff/FujiXPro1-Velvia.icc

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74627717/camerastuff/FujiXPro1-Astia.icc

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74627717/camerastuff/FujiXPro1-ProNegHi.icc

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74627717/camerastuff/FujiXPro1-ProNegStd.icc

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74627717/camerastuff/FujiXPro1-ClassicChrome.icc

The Velvia profile is still off, it's hard to get it in the right ballpark.

For the others: there are some differences but I find them much more similar to the OOC color rendition then before. Of course I wasn't able to check the ClassicChrome profile as there's no such thing for the XPro1 ;)

Use the Film Standard curve & enjoy :)

To use them with other Fujis, rename the files to your specific model.

Hey to all! I was long time not in this post. 

I can agree that sometimes there is a spinning beachball in Capture One 9 Pro. You should just let it spin. This happens not all the time. If you force quit Capture One, you are going to ruin you catalog.

This was happening to me, too. But thanks to time machine i am not in serious trouble.

But this is not happening all the time! Just let Capture One "think", the beachball will disappear after some time and the profile will be applied.. I know, this is annoying.

In the meantime i worked close together with Scottie Wang, because the profiles had some bugs in colors and shadows. The new ones are massively improved and are very close to the OOC Images. 

We have still some work with velvia, because this seems to be the hardest one in strong colors and contrast. But Provia, Astia and Pro Neg Hi are fantastic! Not to compare with the originals. 

It looks like this spinning wheel is not happening that often with the new profiles. I erased the old ones with clipping shadows and colors. I think, Capture one has a lot to do with wrong settings in colorspaces. 

This is annoying, but still better than using Lightroom. I am very happy to have this profiles.

@ Jackalized: You should be aware that this profiles are made for X-T1. X-Pro1 has a different sensor & processor, so you will always get wrong colors. ;)

A little workaround to avoid the spinning wheel: don't flyover with the mouse. pick one of the profiles from the left or right side, not from top to bottom!

But i think this is not really an issue.

Cheers, Michael

In the meantime i worked close together with Scottie Wang, because the profiles had some bugs in colors and shadows. The new ones are massively improved and are very close to the OOC Images. 

We have still some work with velvia, because this seems to be the hardest one in strong colors and contrast. But Provia, Astia and Pro Neg Hi are fantastic! Not to compare with the originals. 

It looks like this spinning wheel is not happening that often with the new profiles. I erased the old ones with clipping shadows and colors. I think, Capture one has a lot to do with wrong settings in colorspaces. 

This is annoying, but still better than using Lightroom. I am very happy to have this profiles.

Are the new versions of the profiles available yet or soon to be released? :)