Capture One Pro 8 Film Simulations

i found a workaround to use the film simulation also with other cameras like Sony A7 or Fuji XT10

as fleckintosh mentioned

and the fly over with the mouse works.......

for mac users:

1. download the ICC profiles from fleckintosh....again great thanks to you, fleckintosh to post these files!!!!!!!

2.rename the ICC Profiles ...... for example .......from......
"FujiXT1-Classic Chrome Adobe RGB.icc" to
"SonyA7-Classic Chrome Adobe RGB.icc" or "SonyNEX7-Classic Chrome Adobe RGB.icc"
or........"FujiXT10-.........

3. copy the ICC Profiles to: Capture One/Contents/Frameworks/AppCore.framework/Resources/Profiles/Input

reboot capture One and have fun

i found a workaround to use the film simulation also with other cameras like Sony A7 or Fuji XT10

as fleckintosh mentioned

and the fly over with the mouse works.......

for mac users:

1. download the ICC profiles from fleckintosh....again great thanks to you, fleckintosh to post these files!!!!!!!

2.rename the ICC Profiles ...... for example .......from......

"FujiXT1-Classic Chrome Adobe RGB.icc" to

"SonyA7-Classic Chrome Adobe RGB.icc" or "SonyNEX7-Classic Chrome Adobe RGB.icc"

or........"FujiXT10-.........

3. copy the ICC Profiles to: Capture One/Contents/Frameworks/AppCore.framework/Resources/Profiles/Input

reboot capture One and have fun

It is better to place profiles into ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/ folder (you can add subfolder here for clarity – I use Cameras subfolder for example). If you copy them into Capture One application folder as suggested, they will be removed during application update probably.

If you don't know, what is the proper filename for your camera, you can find its generic profile in mentioned folder Capture One/Contents/Frameworks/AppCore.framework/Resources/Profiles/Input. For Fuji X, these prefixes are used:

• FujiX100-
  • FujiX100s-
  • FujiX100T-
  • FujiXA1-
  • FujiXA2-
  • FujiXE1-
  • FujiXE2-
  • FujiXF1-
  • FujiXM1-
  • FujiXPro1-
  • FujiXQ1-
  • FujiXT1-
  • FujiXT10-

So for example, if you want to make Provia profile visible for X100S in Capture One, rename FujiXT1-Provia sRGB.icc file to FujiX100s-Provia sRGB.icc.

Best regards

Michal Krause

Outstanding: Capture One Pro 8 Fuji Film Simulations - and it's all for free - unbelivable.

Thank you, Danke, thank you, Danke.

It works fine also in Capture One Pro 8 - in my WIN 7- 64 Bit Environment.

But one question is left: ".....and the fly over with the mouse works......."?       This doesn't work in my Win7 Environment, why?.

100 Points for a solution, does anyone have an answe for me?

Best regards

Hilltipnet

@ Hilltopnet: i don't know about Windows. If you see the screenshot in the original post, you see all Film Names. If you hover over one of the names during you have opened a picture, you'll See an instant preview of the film simulation. This works very well on a Mac.

If you use these sims as user defined styles, rather than camera profiles, then hovering the mouse will show a preview. But they'll be under the user presets tab, not the camera tab

Hi everyone,

I have looked at the black and white (b&w) profiles, as I'm not too good on colour, and they appear to be most useful to those wanting to shoot directly in b&w and keep the benefit of a RAW file and all its data.

This means setting the camera image quality to RAW + JPEG + b&w film simulation.

However the use of a b&w icc profile in Capture One precludes the use of the colour tools (Colour Editor, Colour Balance and Channel mixer in the b&w tab) to adjust greyscale tones, even if there are still many other tools that can be used (exposure, clarity, curves, levels etc)

So I will still prefer to work on getting a good colour picture and then convert to b&w, even if on taking the shot I think b&w. This enables me to use the colour tools that can give better fine tuning to the tonal range; also, the colour editor is available as a local adjustment which is very useful for working on skies.

Working this way makes me analyse the image and think about what I want to get out of it.

I hope this is useful to someone.

Have a nice evening

Jeremy

PS I have been a Capture One user since August 2014

@ feckintosh: thank you very much for your hint.

You wrote: "If you use these sims as user defined styles, rather than camera profiles, ,,,,," (to be used in Capture One). 

All Fuji filmsimulations are currently stored in my Win7 Environment as  ICC Profiles in  > Capture One 8 > Color Profiles > DLSR Folder.

My Question: in which (Capture One 8) Folder do I have to store those filmsimuIation ICC Profiles to get:  "...then hovering the mouse will show a preview"?

I'm a little bit familiar with Capture One 8 user defind styles..

Regards

Hilltopnet